- Power Rating: 1500 W continuous
- Frequency Range and VSWR: DC-1 GHz @ 1.1 max., 1 GHz-2 GHz @ 1.25 max.
- Temperature Range: -40 to +45 °C
- Coolant: 1.5 gal. (5.68 liters) Silicone Oil
- Product Type: Digital, Oil-Cooled
- Operating Position: Horizontal Only
- Connector: LC, Female
- Dimensions: 18-5/8" x 7-1/2" x 13-1/8" (L x W x H) 473 x 184 x 333 mm
- Weight: 31 lbs. (14.1 kg)
The Bird 8860, 1.5 kW, Oil-Cooled Termination is a self-contained high-power 50 ohm coaxial transmission line termination requiring no outside power source or additional equipment. They provide accurate, dependable, and practically nonreflective termination for testing and adjusting transmitters under nonradiating conditions. The load consists essentially of a cylindrical film type resistor immersed in a dielectric coolant. The resistor, individually selected for its accuracy, is enclosed in a special tapered housing which provides a linear reduction in surge impedance directly proportional to the distance along the resistor.