8895-300 Bird Termination
The 8895-300 is a termination from Bird.
- Power Rating: 2500 W continuous
- Frequency Range and VSWR: DC-1 GHz @ 1.1 max.; 1 GHz-2 GHz @ 1.25 max.; 2 GHz-2.4 GHz @ 1.3 max.
- Impedance 50Ω
- Coolant: 2.9 gal. (11 liters) Silicone Oil
- Product Type: Oil-Cooled
- Operating Position: Horizontal Only
- Oil-assisted (vented) convection cooling for safe, continuous operation up to 2500W full rated power
- Compatible with all Bird QC connectors
- Connector: 1-5/8" EIA, Unflanged
- Recess (In.): 0.438
- Dimensions, L x W x H: 22-3/16" x 7" x 17-3/16" (564 x 178 x 437 mm)
- Weight: 58 lbs. (26 kg)
The Bird 8895-300, 2.5 kW, Oil-Cooled Termination is a self-contained high-power 50-ohm coaxial transmission line terminations requiring no outside power source or additional equipment. It provides accurate, dependable, and practically nonreflective termination for testing and adjusting transmitters under nonradiating conditions. The load consists essentially of a cylindrical film type resistor immersed in a dielectric coolant. The resistor, individually selected for its accuracy, is enclosed in a special tapered housing which provides a linear reduction in surge impedance directly proportional to the distance along the resistor.