9117 BK Precision DC Power Supply
The 9117 is a 3000 W, 80 V, 120 A DC Power Supply from BK Precision. Supplies DC Voltage and Current to test, design, and troubleshoot electric and electronic circuits. Applications include Burn In, QA, ATE, Research, Design, and Education to name a few.
- Output up to 3000 W within 80 V/ 120 A rating
- Compact, high density, 2U rackmount form factor
- High programming and readback resolution of 1 mV/1 mA
- Adjustable voltage rise and fall times
- Sequence programming
- Store and Recall up to 100 instrument settings
- Standard USB (USBTMC-compliant), RS-232, GPIB, RS-485 and LAN interfaces supporting SCPI commands for remote control
- Analog interface with control and monitoring functions
- Mater/Slave mode for parallel and series operation
- Remote sense
- Overvoltage protection (OVP), overpower protection (OPP), overtemperature protection (OTP), and key-lock function
- Softpanel for remote control, test sequency generation and data logging
- One Year Warranty
- User Manual
- Unterminated AC power cord with input connector
- Certificate of calibration and test report
The BK Precision 9117 can replace several supplies on your bench or in your rack. Unlike conventional supplies with fixed output ratings, these multi-range power supplies automatically recalculate voltage and current limits for each setting. The 9117 provides 3000W output power in any Volt/Amp combination within the rated voltage (80V) and current (120A) limits. By providing greatly expanded choices of maximum power Volt/Amp combinations, users can cut down on the number of power supplies required and free up valuable bench space.
For benchtop applications, this series provides a numerical keypad for direct data entry along with convenient cursors and analog style knobs to quickly make incremental voltage or current changes. System integrators benefit from the standard USB (USBTMC-compliant), RS-232, GPIB, RS-485, and LAN interfaces supporting SCPI commands.
Alternatively, users can control the power supply, execute test sequences or log measurements using the provided PC software application. This software also integrates with Data Dashboard for LabVIEW apps enabling iOS, Android or Windows 8 compatible tablets or smart phones to remotely monitor select measurement indicators.
The multi-ranging feature of the 9115 Series offers exceptional flexibility by providing any combination of the rated voltage and current up to the maximum output power of the supply. These wide ranges of voltage and current allow users to replace multiple supplies on a bench or system rack.
The numeric keypad, rotary knobs, and cursors provide an easy way to set output levels quickly and precisely. With a push of a button, the display can be conveniently toggled between set and measured voltage and current values.
Additionally, the power supplies provide internal memory for storage of up to 100 different instrument settings that can be set and recalled via both the front panel and remote interfaces.
Programmable voltage rise/fall times
The power supply is capable of programming the slope of the output voltage during changes between voltage settings by allowing users to set the rising and falling edge times of the voltage.
External analog control interface
The power supply output voltage and current can be controlled from zero to full range by either external DC voltage sources (0-5 V or 0- 10 V) or resistances (0-5 k Ω or 0-10 k Ω). The DB25 analog control interface also provides a source for monitoring the voltage and current output.
More than one unit of the same power supply model can be connected in parallel or series connection to increase the overall current or voltage output respectively. Using the RS-485 interface, the power supplies can operate in master/slave mode. In this mode, the master unit can control all other power supplies connected in parallel or series. Additionally, the RS-485 interface can be used for multi-unit control of up to 31 daisy chained units.
PC software is provided for front panel emulation, generating and executing test sequences or logging measurement data without the need to write source code.
Additionally, this application software integrates with NI Data Dashboard for LabVIEW apps which allows users to create a custom dashboard on a tablet computer or smart phone to remotely monitor 9115 Series power supplies via this PC software.
- Remote monitoring on iOS, Android or Windows 8 compatible tablets or smart phones via NI Data Dashboard for LabVIEW apps Quickly develop a custom dashboard consisting of one (smart phone) or several (tablet) indicators, charts or gauges to monitor your power supply
- Log voltage, current and power values as well as time stamp, CV/CC and output status
- Save and load list files to/from the power supply’s internal memory
- Create an unlimited number of external list files to be executed from PC memory. Save and recall list files to/from the PC