AFG-3031 Instek Arbitrary Waveform Generator
The AFG-3031 is a Arbitrary Waveform Generator from Instek. An arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) is a type of electronic test equipment people use to generate repetitive or single-shot electrical waveforms. Single-shot waveforms require a triggering source, either internal or external, while repetitive waveforms do not. Inject the signal the waveform generator creates into a device for analysis during testing, finding problems with the device, or confirming proper operation.
- Frequency Range: 1 Hz-30 MHz
- Channels: 1
- Sample Rate: 250 MSa/s
- Waveform Length: 8M points
- Amplitude Resolution: 16 bits
- Standard Waveforms: Sine, Square, Triangle, Ramp, Pulse, Noise, Harmonic
- Isolation Channel Circuit Design
- Synchronized Phase Operates up to 6 Units and 12 Channels
- Harmonic Signal Generator
- Pulse Waveform Parameters Can be Set Independently
- Built-in AM, FM, PM, FSK, PWM, SUM Modulation, Sweep and Burst Functions
- Provide USB, LAN, GPIB (Optional) Instrument Contol Interface
- Warranty: 2 Years on Instrument, 1 Year on LCD display. Excludes probes
- Quick Start Guide, CD-ROM with AFG Software and User Manual
The Instek AFG-3031 1 Channel, 30 MHz, arbitrary function generator is designed to meet industry, scientific research, and education applications. It features a sample rate of 250MSa/s, 16-bit resolution, and 8M point memory depth arbitrary waveform characteristics.
Users can rebuild maximum 8M depth waveforms through using an Instek digital storage oscilloscope with the built-in DSOLink funcion of the AFG-3000 Series.
The output channel is earth ground isolation, and dual channel models are independently earth ground isolation, which is suitable for floating circuits. Each channel of dual channel models can be operated independently and multi ARB units can output simultaneously. Applications are, for instance, the ignition control or transmission device of automotive electronics.
The user-friendly operation, the On-Screen Help, and the multiple ways of arbitrary waveform editing make AFG-3000 just a plug-and-play equipment. The point by point waveform data entry or standard waveform dip piling through front panel operation, the CSV file waveform data download, the direct waveform reconstruction through DSO waveform data import, and the PC software edited waveform download are the 4 ways available for arbitrary waveform editing.
A 4.3-inch resolution TFT LCD in the AFG-3000 front panel is used to display waveform and set parameters. The large and high-resolution screen is especially useful when the arbitrary waveform construction is done through front panel operation. The impedance of AFG-3000 can be selected between 50 Ohm and Hi-Z to ensure right impedance compatibility between AFG and DUT.