AFG1062 Tektronix Arbitrary Waveform Generator
The AFG1062 is a 60 MHz Arbitrary Waveform Generator from Tektronix. An arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) is a type of electronic test equipment people use to generate repetitive or single-shot electrical waveforms. Single-shot waveforms require a triggering source, either internal or external, while repetitive waveforms do not. Inject the signal the waveform generator creates into a device for analysis during testing, finding problems with the device, or confirming proper operation.
- Dual-channel, 60 MHz sine waveforms, 30 MHz square waveforms
- 14 bits, 300 MS/s arbitrary waveforms with 1 M points record length
- Amplitude 1 mVp-p to 10 Vp-p into 50 Ω loads
- Continuous, sweeping, burst, and modulation modes (AM, FM, PM, ASK, FSK, PSK, PWM) covers most requirements for students and other users to get the experiments/test job done
- 64-MByte internal non-volatile memory for arbitrary waveform storage
- Built-in 200 MHz counter with 6-digit resolution offers an easy and precise way of frequency/period/pulse width/duty cycle measurement
- Standard USB host/device for memory expansion and remote control
- Free ArbExpress makes user defined waveforms editing extremely easy through an external USB memory stick
- Compatible with TekSmartLab™ for easy teaching and learning
- Standard 5-year warranty
- Electric and electronics experiments
- Communications experiments
- Sensor simulation
- Functional test
- AFG1000 Arbitrary/Function Generator Safety and Compliance Instructions; printed document
- AFG1000 Documentation CD containing the following PDF documents:
- AFG1000 Arbitrary/Function Generators Quick Start User Manual, English
- AFG1000 Arbitrary/Function Generators Quick Start User Manual, Simplified Chinese
- AFG1000 Arbitrary/Function Generators Programmer Manual
- AFG1000 Arbitrary/Function Generators Specifications and Performance Verification Manual
- PDF documents not included on the AFG1000 Documentation CD but available for download from www.tektronix.com.
- AFG1000 Arbitrary/Function Generators Quick Start User Manual, Russian, (Tektronix part number 077-1135-xx)
- AFG1000 Arbitrary/Function Generators Quick Start User Manual, Japanese, (Tektronix part number 077-1166-xx)
- Packing list
- Power cord, specified by country
- Certificate of calibration; printed document
- USB cable x 1, Type A to Type B
- BNC cable x 2
- Tektronix Supplemental Information Sheet For the Peoples Republic of China: China RoHs; printed document
- Fuse, cartridge; 5 x 20 mm, 0.5 A, 250 V, time-delay
- Fuse, cartridge; 5 x 20 mm, 1 A, 250 V, time-delay
The AFG1062 Arbitrary Function Generator provides a waveform generation tool with the best price performance ratio. It includes dual channels, up to 60 MHz bandwidth and up to 10 Vp-p output amplitude. The four run modes, 50 built-in frequently-used waveforms and the built-in 200 MHz frequency counter cover most waveform generation needs in your experiment and test jobs. The 3.95-inch TFT LCD, short-cut buttons, USB interface and PC software provide the most intuitive ways to configure the instrument.
Performance and features
1 μHz to 60 MHz sine waveform range, with 12-digit or 1 μHz resolution and a ±1 ppm drift high stability time base, provides great signal fidelity in the frequency domain. With 1 mVp-p to 10 Vp-p output amplitude range, and 14-bit or 1 mVp-p resolution over the whole frequency range, there is no need to compromise between output amplitude and frequency any more.
Four different run modes cover most use cases with a cost effective solution. 50 most-frequently used standard and arbitrary waveforms are built-in for easy access. Up to 1 M points arbitrary waveforms memory enables users to replicate real world signals captured with a Tektronix oscilloscope or defined with ArbExpress. The built-in 200 MHz and 6-digit resolution frequency counter is an easy and precise way to measure frequencies/periods/pulse widths/duty cycles.
Ease of use
The high-resolution 3.95-inch color TFT display shows relevant settings and parameters in both text and graphic formats, which give users full confidence in their settings, and let them focus on the task at hand. The front panel shortcut buttons and rotary knob make accesses to most frequently used functions and settings with minimum effort and time. The built-in 64-MByte non-volatile memory together with USB stick memory interface, provide unlimited space for user-defined waveform storage.
Software and solutions
Compatible with ArbExpress, the user-defined arbitrary waveforms generated by the free software can be loaded on the AFG1062 easily with a USB memory stick.
As a building block of Tektronix educational solution, the AFG1062 can be embedded into TekSmartLab and enable a cost efficient and effective way of teaching, learning, and lab management.