AMU200A Rohde & Schwarz RF Generator
The AMU200A is a 40 MHz RF Generator from Rohde & Schwarz. An RF generator is a tool engineers use to generate sinusoidal outputs while testing electronic equipment. The output will automatically have its frequency varied or swept between frequencies. A “sweep” is one complete cycle of a frequency variation. Engineers use RF signal generators as test equipment, mostly to measure responses of filters, amplifiers, and electrical components.
- 40 MHz Bandwidth with flat frequency response of 0.03 dB
- Single-path or dual-path instrument
- Up to two complete baseband paths
- Configuration as a fading simulator, an I/Q source, or an all-in-one instrument offering fading simulation and signal generation
- 2×2 MIMO with realtime fading possible
- Two instruments combinable for 2×4 or 4×2 MIMO
- Baseband generators with universal coders for realtime signal generation
- Arbitrary waveform generators with 16 Msample, 64 Msample, or 128 Msample memory depth
- Support of 3GPP LTE FDD and TDD, 3GPP FDD/HSPA/HSPA+, GSM/EDGE/EDGE Evolution, TD-SCDMA, WLAN, WiMAX™ and all other important digital standards
- Analog single-ended, analog differential, and digital baseband outputs
- Lossless combination of up to four baseband signals in the digital domain (e.g. for testing multistandard base stations)
The Rohde & Schwarz AMU200A baseband signal generator and fading simulator has been designed to meet all requirements encountered in the research and development of modern communications systems as well as in their production. The Rohde & Schwarz AMU200A not only combines up to two independent baseband signal generators in one cabinet of only four height units, but also offers unrivaled channel simulation capabilities. Due to its modular design, the generator can be optimally adapted to the requirements of different applications.
Due to its modular design, the Rohde & Schwarz AMU200A can be optimally adapted to the requirements of different applications. Up to two generators can be installed. They generate complex signals in realtime and are equipped with an arbitrary waveform generator with 16 Msample, 64 Msample, or 128 Msample memory for I and Q and four marker bits per sample. The signals generated in the different basebands can be added, even with frequency, phase, and level offset. The modern, intuitive concept of this model ensures fast and easy operation.
With its two independent baseband generators and the capability to simulate up to four fading channels, the R&S®AMU200A can handle enhanced MIMO testing. A 2x2 MIMO fading test can be performed easily with just one instrument. By combination of multiple instruments all other MIMO modes such as 1×3, 1×4, 2×3, 3×1, 4×1, 3×2 as well as 4×2 can also be set up. The R&S AMU200A is suitable for baseband measurements on MIMO systems under any of these scenarios.