AQ6140 Ando Optical Meter
The AQ6140 is an optical meter from Ando. Engineers use optical signal generators when they want to transmit optical signals during an electronic equipment test. An optical meter is an instrument used to test and measure optical signals.
- Ideal for Wavelength Analysis in D-WDM Systems
- Highly accurate wavelength measurement: Realizes high accuracy measurement of ±0.003 nm. (at 1310 nm, 1550 nm)
- High resolvable separation: Minimum resolvable separation: 10 GHz or less (1550 nm: 80 pm)
- Capable of measurement for up to 256 channels: Wavelength and power measurement for up to 256 channels
- Simple operation: Three-step (maximum) operation saves you from complicated operation
- Enlarge display of peak list: Can display enlarged data of one channel in the area normally displaying data of 5 channels
- Drift measurement: Refers to measuring the time-passage changes wavelength and power. (up to 256 channels)
- Grid monitoring function: Useful function for checking wavelength shift of each grid
- Complete functions for monitoring WDM light source: Complete functions for stability analysis of light source such as 3D display of variable rate, time displacement display, variable rate trap function, etc.
- Complete memory functions: Can record measurement data and measurement conditions in floppy disk and internal memory
- Large-size (6.5-inch) color display: Can check waveform data and peak wavelength at a time by displaying waveforms and measurement data simultaneously
- Applicable fiber: SM
- Wavelength range: 1270 to 1650 nm (182 to 236 THz)
- Wavelength accuracy: ±2 ppm (1550 nm, 1310 nm: ±0.003 nm)
- Minimum resolvable separation: 10 GHz or less (1550 nm: 80 pm, equal power line input)
- Power accuracy: ±0.5 dB (1310/1550±30 nm, typ.)
- Level linearity: 1270 to 1600 nm: ±0.3 dB (input: -30 dBm or more)
- Polarization depending loss: 1270 to 1600 nm: ±0.5 dB; 1600 to 1650 nm: 1.0 dB
- Maximum number of line input: 256
- Minimum input level: 1270 to 1600 nm: -40 dBm (1 line input); 1600 to 1650 nm: -30 dBm (1 line input)
- Maximum input level: +10 dBm (total of all lines)
- Safe max. input level: +18 dBm (total of all lines)
- Return loss: 35 dB (PC)
- SN ratio: 35 dB (typ.) (noise band width: 0.1 nm, input: -25 dBm or more, spacing ≥ 100 GHz)
- Measurement time: ≤ 1.5 sec
- Display: 6.5-inch color LCD (640 x 480 dots)
- Memory: Internal: Can memorize 10 measurement results and conditions
- Floppy disk (3.5-inch 2HD): Can memorize measurement results and conditions
- Internal hard disk drive: 9MB: can memorize measurement results and conditions
- Interfaces: GP-IB: GP-IB (IEEE. 488.2); RS-232C: 9-pin D-sub
- Printer port: 25-pin D-sub (Centronics)
- VGA monitor: 15-pin D-sub
- Optical connector: AQ9441 (FC) Universal Adapter
- Power requirements: AC 100 to 120/200 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz (47 to 63 Hz), 100 VA
- Environmental conditions: Operation temperature: 5 to 40 °C, storage temperature: -20 to +60 °C, humidity: 80 % RH or less (at 40 °C, no condensation)
- Dimensions: Approx. 425 (W) x 132.5 (H) x 450 (D) mm
Characteristic evaluation of light source for WDM
Measures both wavelength and power up to 256 channels, and displays waveform and measurement result at a time. Capable of checking if it’s matched to advice of ITU-T and severe monitoring of grid. Also capable of displaying the list of peak wavelength and power.
Displays changes of peak wavelength and power of one channel. Below waveforms, displays not only current measurement result but also maximum rate, minimum rate or balance of maximum rate and minimum rate.
Grid monitoring function
Analyzes peak wavelength of set grid. Searches peak wavelength, or analyzes wavelength gap and changes of power within the grid.
The waveform and the peaks are displayed simultaneously on the standard screen. It is used to monitor WDM system temperature characteristics and evaluate laser oscillators.
3D display screen
Displays 3D waveforms and peak lists at a time. It helps to check the change of measurement result by time.
This mode displays a list of the peak wavelengths, up to 14 at a time.
The marker function simplifies tasks such as analysis of wavelength and power level difference.
Label input screen
Label can be input up to 36 characters, so that file management can be easy.
Measured waveform data can be saved in a variety of file formats. The file recall function makes it possible to make new measurement with the same measurement conditions as saved data, which is ideal for WDM system maintenance.
Practical application in recent years of Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) transmission technology for high-volume optical communication has led to the current situation in which we’re on the verge of producing 50 GHz-wavelength systems.
Accordingly, demand for a higher-specification wavelength parameter tester is increasing. Such a tester can go a long way toward improving evaluation of transmission systems and optical devices.
The Ando AQ6140 Multi-Wavelength Meter, providing excellent wavelength accuracy and resolvable separation in measurement, surpasses this demand, making it ideal for all applications from D-WDM system development to manufacturing.