AQ6317B Ando Optical Analyzer
- Wide dynamic range for 50 GHz WDM-Signals: The dynamic range is 70 dB at peak ±0.4 nm, and 60 dB at peak ±0.2 nm.
- High-resolution measurement achieves wide dynamic range with 50 GHz spacing WDM system.
- High wavelength accuracy: Provides ±0.02 nm wavelength accuracy at 1520 to 1580 nm, and ±0.04 nm at 1580 to 1620 nm, with ±0.01 nm wavelength linearity, making it especially useful for high-precision loss wavelength characteristics and other evaluation of WDM devices.
- The wavelength scale indicates both in air and in vacuum.
- High wavelength resolution: Achieves wavelength resolution of 0.015 nm.
- Versatile analysis functions: Analysis functions for WDM and other optical devices (LD, LED, FBG, etc.)
- Synchronous sweep: In conjunction with an AQ4321 Tunable Laser Source, much higher wavelength resolution/wide dynamic range can be achieved by high-speed synchronous sweep
- High sensitivity: High sensitivity allows measurement of light at down to -90 dBm, covering from 1200 to 1650 nm.
- Low polarization dependency: Measurements such as gain of optical amplifier can be proceeded accurately because polarization dependency is suppressed as low as ±0.05 dB.
- High-level accuracy: Accurate within ±0.3 dB.
- High power measurement: Max. +20 dBm (100 mW)
- Even high-power output from an optical amplifier can be measured directly without an optical attenuator.
- 9.4-inch color LCD
- Pulsed light can be measured
- Three individual trace memories
- Applicable fibers: SMF, GI (50/125 µm)
- Measurement wavelength range: 600 to 1750 nm)
- Wavelength accuracy: ±0.02 nm (1520 to 1580 nm, after calibration with build-in reference light source); ±0.04 nm (1580 to 1620 nm, after calibration with build-in reference light source); ±0.5 nm (600 to 1750 nm)
- Wavelength linearity: ±0.01 nm (1520 to 1580 nm); ±0.02 nm (1580 to 1620 nm)
- Wavelength repeatability: ±0.005 nm (1 min)
- Wavelength resolution: Max. resolution: 0.015 nm or better (1520 to 1620 nm, resolution setting: 0.01 nm)
- Resolution setting: 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 nm
- Resolution accuracy: ±5 %: (1300 to 1650 nm, resolution: 0.05 nm or more, resolution correction: ON)
- Measurement level range: -90 to +20 dBm (1200 to 1650 nm, sensitivity: HIGH3); -80 to +20 dBm (1000 to 1200 nm, sensitivity: HIGH3); -60 to +20 dBm (600 to 1000 nm, sensitivity: HIGH3)
- Level accuracy 2, 3) ±0.3 dB (1310/1550 nm, input: -30 dBm, sensitivity: HIGH1-3)
- Level linearity: ±0.05 dB (input: +10 to -50 dBm, sensitivity: HIGH1-3)
- Level flatness: ±0.1 dB (1520 to 1580 nm), ±0.2 dB (1580 to 1620 nm)
- Polarization dependency: ±0.05 dB (1550/1600 nm), ±0.05 dB typ. (1310 nm)
- Dynamic range: 60 dB (1523 nm, peak ±0.2 nm, resolution: 0.01 nm); 70 dB (1523 nm, peak ±0.4 nm, resolution: 0.01 nm); 45 dB (1523 nm, peak ±0.2 nm, resolution: 0.1 nm)
- Sweep time: Approx. 500 ms (Span: 100 nm or less, sensitivity: NORM, HOLD, avg.: 1, 501 samples, resolution correction: OFF); Approx. 0.5 min (Span: 100 nm or less, sensitivity: HIGH2, avg: 1, 501 samples, No signal)
- Automatic measurement: Program function (20 program, 200 steps), Long-term measurement function
- Setting of measuring conditions: Span setting: 0 to 1200 nm
- Measuring sensitivity setting: NORMAL HOLD/AUTO, MID, HIGH1/2/3
- Number of averaging setting: 1 to 1000 times
- Sample number setting: 11 to 20001, AUTO
- Automatic setting function of measuring conditions
- Sweep-between-marker function
- 0 nm sweep function
- Pulse light measurement function
- Air/vacuum wavelength measurement function
- TLS synchronized measurement function
- Level scale setting: 0.1 to 10 dB/div, linear
- Simultaneous display of 3 independent traces
- Max./Min. hold display
- Roll averaging display
- Calculation-between-traces display
- Normalized display
- Curve-fit display
- 3D display
- Split display
- Power density display, % display, dB/km display
- Frequency display of horizontal axis scale
- WDM waveform analysis (Wavelength/Level/SNR list display), Optical fiber amplifier analysis (GAIN/NF, Single/Multi channel), PMD analysis, Optical filter analysis, DFB-LD analysis, FP-LD analysis, LED analysis, SMSR analysis, Peak search, bottom search, spectral width search, notch width search
- Delta marker (max. 200), line marker (analysis range specification)
- Graph display of long-term measurement result
- Self-wavelength calibration function (using built-in reference light source)
- Wavelength/Level compensation function, label function, help function
- Build-in FDD: 3.5-inch 2HD
- Internal memory: 32 traces, 20 programs
- File format: Trace file, program file, measuring condition file, Text file (trace, analysis data, etc.), Graphics file (BMP, TIFF)
- Data output: Printer Built-in high-speed printer
- Remote control: GP-IB (2 ports); TLS control interfaces (TTL)
- Sweep trigger input (TTL)
- Sample enable input (TTL)
- Sample trigger input (TTL)
- Analog output (0 to 5 V)
- Video output (VGA)
- Display: 9.4-inch color LCD (Resolution: 640 x 480 dots)
- Optical connector: FC (Standard)
- Power requirement: AC 100 to 120/200 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Operating temperature: 5 to 40 ºC
- Storage temperature: -10 to +50 ºC
- Humidity: 80 %RH or less (No condensation)
- Dimensions and mass: Approx. 425 (W) x 222 (H) x 450 (D) mm
The AQ6317B is an advanced optical spectrum analyzer for a wide range of applications, including light source evaluation, measurement of loss wavelength characteristics in optical devices, and waveform analysis of WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) systems.
Especially at C-band and L-band, the unit achieves high wavelength accuracy and wavelength linearity, and can evaluate optical devices for WDM. Analysis functions make operation and expandability simple.
The AQ6317B contains the latest Ando technology for optical spectrum analyzers. A reference equipment for the next generation.
In comparison with the former model, the wavelength accuracy of the AQ6317B has been improved to ±20 pm, and it is specified as for the L-band as well. WDM analysis function and notch width analysis functions are improved, and multi-channel NF analysis function and optical filter analysis function are newly added. It has become much easier to use with other improvements, such as sweep speed-up.
Optical Multiplexer evaluation
In conjunction with the AQ4321 Tunable Laser Source, the AQ6317B can achieve high wavelength resolution/wide dynamic range with high-speed synchronous sweep function, and result insertion loss, passed central wavelength and linearity as evaluation parameter of optical MUX/DEMUX.
Optical fiber amplifier (EDFA) evaluation
The ASE interpolation method is used to measure gain and NF, key parameters for optical fiber amplifier evaluation.
In conjunction with the AQ8423Z optical amplifier analyzer, the system can accurately measure gain and NF with the pulse method, which is optimum for evaluation of WDM optical fiber amplifiers.