BOP100-2M Kepco BiPolar Power Supply
- Output Voltage: 100
- Output Current: 20
- Output Power: 200
- Source and sink 100% of their current rating
- Separate control circuits for voltage and current with automatic crossover to current and voltage limits
- All controls and flag signals accessible through a 50-terminal user port at the rear
- Parallel and Series connection of identical models
- Zeroable preamplifier available for scaling and summing external signals
The Kepco BOP, while fully rated power supplies, are also high-powered operational amplifiers with full 4-quadrant, bipolar operation. Their output is capable of both sustained d-c and the replication of arbitrary a-c waveforms.
In Kepco’s BOP, the voltage and current outputs can be controlled smoothly and linearly through the entire rated plus and minus ranges, passing smoothly through zero with no polarity switching.
The Kepco BOP's are high speed power operational amplifiers that can be used to provide dynamically agile voltage for test and simulation. They are not general purpose power supplies. By the nature of the bipolar high speed design, they do not have any energy-storage noise discriminating output capacitors. To realize the full high speed potential of BOP, the load characteristics should be mainly resistive. If the load is capacitive, (>0.1 microfarad), the BOP must be slowed to avoid oscillation. This is accomplished in voltage mode by increasing the value of the feedback capacitance. Special terminals on the user port are available to slow the BOP for optimum current-mode stability into inductive loading.