BS407 Thurlby Thandar Instruments Micro Ohmmeter
- High basic accuracy of 0.1%
- Wide range of 1 µΩ to 20 kΩ
- Current reversal switch for detecting thermal EMF effects
- Current diversion switch for easy zeroing
- Four terminal measurement using Kelvin clip leads (supplied)
- Battery operation with built-in charger
- 20mV clamp for "dry circuit" testing
- Kelvin Test Clip Leads
- Operating Manual
- IEC Mains Lead
- Beyond the testing of components such as measuring the resistance of motor or transformer windings, the properties of materials, the thickness of plates, the security of pipework joints or wiring installations and many others.
- 220 - 240V, 110 - 120V or 100V ±10%, 50/60Hz, adjustable internally; 20VA max. Installation Category II.
The BS407 is an instrument which is fully optimised for the task of accurate measurement of low resistances with a best resolution of 1µ. It uses a Direct Current technique to measure true resistance, rather than the resistive component of impedance which is shown by AC excited RLC bridges. The test current for each range has been carefully chosen to minimise heating of the sample under test while being sufficient to minimise the effects of thermal emf and noise.