CFL510G Megger TDR
The CFL510G (1001-790) is a tdr from Megger.
- Dual cursors for pinpointing faults
- Auto set-up for instant use
- 2 ns pulse width virtually eliminates dead zones
- Unique trace HOLD feature for comparison between cables
- IP54 rating
- Designed for use on all metallic cable pairs
- Three-year warranty
- Hard carry case
- Miniature clip test lead set
- Bed of nails test lead set
- Socket BNC to 2x4mm 50 Ohm
- User guide CD
This CFL510G is primarily designed for linemen in both the communication and power industries. Specific capabilities include:
Provides fast and accurate results when uncovering transmission related problems. Designed to be carried on a linesman’s belt and used in the first line of defense when diagnosing and locating cable faults.
Specific line activities identified by this unit include:
- Bridge taps and splices
- Presence of water in the cable
- Opens in tip, ring, or sheath
- Shorts between tip, ring, and/or sheath
- Capacitive networks
- Load coils
- Wet splices and high-resistance splices
Ideal for testing the physical integrity of cables within a network. The unit is also capable of locating illegal cable taps.
Specific cable conditions identified include:
- Bends or crimps in the cable
- Cuts or shorts in the cable
- Taps and splits
- Water saturation
An ideal tool for identifying faults on secondary power cables.
This unit identifies:
- Burnouts in aluminum conductors
- Good splices, wet splices, and high-resistance splices
- Shorts between phases
The CFL510G is a hand held, compact Time Domain Reflectometer for locating faults on metallic cables. It has a minimum resolution of 0.1 m/0.3 ft and a 5 km/15,000 ft maximum range depending on velocity factor selected and cable type.
Four output impedances (25, 50, 75, and 100 Ω) are available and a velocity factor between 0.2 and 0.99 will meet any cable test requirements.
The CFL510G has a simple selection option which, together with a four-way control switch, offers an intuitive operation for the user.