CW801M Elgar AC Source
The CW801M is a 800 VA AC Source from Elgar. AC Sources supply AC voltage and current to test, design, and troubleshoot electric and electronic circuits. applications include Research, Design, ATE applications, and QA to name a few.
- Output Power: 800VA
- Voltage Ranges: 0 to 135 VRMS or 0 to 270 VRMS
- Current: 6.0 ARMS in 135 VAC range or 3.0 ARMS in 270 VAC range
- Frequency Range: 45 to 500 Hz
- Two independent front-panel 4 digit voltage/current/frequency meters
- Voltage and current can be set from individual 10-turn potentiometer knobs
- Overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protection
- Separate output-on switch controls power to the load
- Low profile 2U (3.5") high, full-rack (17") wide form factor
- Remote control via analog 0-5 VDC programming voltage
- Dual speed fan with side air intake, exhaust to rear
- Three phase operation
- Easily slaved for 3 phase output
- Testing for real world sine wave power conditions
- 400 Hz testing for avionics equipment
- 50/60 Hz margin testing
- Ballast testing
- Components testing
- Power supply testing for AC to DC converters
The Elgar CW801M AC power sources provides clean single phase power at an impressive price/performance ratio. These compact switch mode sources come in two series, manual (CW-M) or programmable (CW-P) with standard IEEE-488.2 or RS-232 control. The CW801M VA model is 2U (3.5”) high and allows the unit under test to be connected to the front or rear panel.
All models can be operated in a benchtop or rackmount configuration. The front panels have two bright four digit, seven segment displays. Power Factor Corrected (PFC) universal input voltage allows maximum power to be delivered from an AC outlet without the user selecting the range. Fully rated current is delivered for either output voltage range of 135 VAC or 270 VAC over a standard frequency range of 45 to 500 Hz.
Both series can be paralleled to provide extra power. A separate output-on switch controls power to the load. Remote voltage sense is standard. Transformer coupled output is protected against overvoltage and overcurrent. The unit is also protected against over temperature conditions. A two-speed fan results in quieter operation at lower power levels. All models are CE marked.