DB877 ESI Decade Resistor
The DB877 is a decade resistor from ESI. A decade resistor is a type of electronic test equipment with a series of resistors, inductors, or capacitors to simulate specific electrical values. An engineer can replace any standard-value component in a circuit with a used or refurbished decade resistor because of its ability to configure to almost any value.
- Accuracy: Initial ± (0.01 % + 7 mΩ); Long-term ±(0.02 % + 10 mΩ)
- Resistance at Zero Setting: Approximately 40 mΩ
- Breakdown Voltage: 1,000 V peak to case
- Short-Term Switching Repeatability: ±1 mΩ (typical)
- Smallest Step: 0.1 Ω
- Number of Decades: Eight
- Resistance range: 0.1 Ω through 12 MΩ
- 0.1 Ω resolution
- 0.01 % Initial Accuracy
- Serves DC through Audio Frequency Applications
- Great stability due to 5 ppm/ºC Temperature Coefficient and 0.3ppm/mW Power Coefficient for values 1 kΩ and up
- Short term switch repeatability: ±1 mΩ typical
- Dimensions: Height 15.0 cm (5.9 in); Width 21.6 cm (8.5 in); Depth 16.5 cm (6.5 in)
The Model DB877 Dekabox Decade Resistor provides dependable long term service in precision DC through audio frequency applications. Eight decades of non-inductive, precision, wire-wound fixed resistors are mounted in a low noise shielded metal case that also provides good mechanical protection.
The DB877 is easy to use. It has the input terminals and a case-connected ground terminal conveniently located on the front panel. The dials rotate independently through 360 degrees, and a special detent design facilitates dial location. This allows for a coarse approximation and then precise finer steps to provide an exact resistance value.
Accuracy over a wide range of ambient conditions is assured by the use of resistors with good temperature and power coefficients. Repeatability is assured by the use of switches that have multiple contacts of solid silver alloy and silicone treated ceramic wafers.
Resistance per step and current ratings on each decade are presented below the dials for operator convenience and circuit safety.