DPO5054 Tektronix Digital Oscilloscope
The DPO5054 is a 500 MHz, 4 channel digital oscilloscope from Tektronix. Measure voltage or current signals over time in an electronic circuit or component to display amplitude, frequency and rise times, etc. Applications include troubleshooting, production test, and design.
- Bandwidth: 500 MHz
- Channels: 4
- Record Length: 12.5M
- Sample Rate: 5 GS/s
- Up to 250 Megapoint Record Length with MultiView Zoom™
- >250,000 wfms/s Maximum Waveform Capture Rate with FastAcq™
- FastFrame Segmented Memory Acquisition Mode with >310,000 Frames
- per Second Capture Rate
- Standard Passive Voltage Probes with Less than 4 pF Capacitive
- Loading and 500 MHz or 1 GHz Analog Bandwidth
- 16 Digital Channels (MSO Series)
- User-selectable Bandwidth Limit Filters for Better Low-frequency
- Measurement Accuracy
- Suite of Advanced Triggers
- Wave Inspector® Controls provide Easy Navigation and Automated Search of Waveform Data
- MyScope® Custom Control Windows and Right Mouse Click Menus for Exceptional Efficiency
- 53 Automated Measurements, Waveform Histograms, and FFT Analysis for Simplified Waveform Analysis
- TekVPI® Probe Interface supports Active, Differential, and Current Probes for Automatic Scaling and Units
- 10.4 in. (264 mm) Bright XGA Display with Touch Screen
- Small Footprint and Lightweight – Only 8.12 in. (206 mm) Deep and Less than 15 lb. (6.7 kg)
- Two USB Host Ports on the Front Panel and Four on the Rear Panel for Quick and Easy Data Storage, Printing, and Connecting USB Peripherals
- USB Device Port on the Rear Panel for Easy Connection to a PC or GPIB Control with an Adapter
- Integrated 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet Port for Network Connection and Video Out Port to Export the Oscilloscope Display to a Monitor or Projector
- Microsoft® Windows 7 64-bit Operating System for Easy Connectivity and Integration into Your Environment
- LXI Class C Compliant
Optional Serial Triggering and Analysis
- Automated Serial Triggering and Decode Options for I2C, SPI, RS-232/422/485/UART, and USB
- Automated Serial Decode and Vehicle Network Monitoring of CAN and LIN
Optional Technology Specific Analysis
- Software Solutions provide Built-in Domain Expertise for Ethernet and USB 2.0 Compliance Testing, Jitter, Timing, Eye Diagrams, Power, and DDR Memory Bus Analysis
- Limit and Mask Testing provide Quick Insight into Signal Characteristics
With the DPO5054 Oscilloscope, you can analyze up to 20 analog and digital signals with a single instrument to quickly find and diagnose problems in complex designs. With a 500 MHz bandwidth and a sample rate of 5 GS/s, this will ensure you have the performance you need to see fast-changing signal details. To capture long windows of signal activity while maintaining fine timing resolution, the DPO5054 offers a deep record length of up to 12.5M points standard on all channels and an optional record length of up to 250M points on two channels.
With Wave Inspector® controls for rapid waveform navigation, and more than 10 optional software and analysis packages for common technologies and in-depth analysis tasks, the DPO5054 from Tektronix provides the feature-rich tools you need to simplify and speed debug of your complex design.
Comprehensive Features Speed Every Stage of Debug
The MSO/DPO5000 Series offers a robust set of features to speed every stage of debugging your design – from quickly discovering an anomaly and capturing it, to searching your waveform record for the event and analyzing its characteristics and your device’s behavior.
To debug a design problem, first you must know it exists. Every design engineer spends time looking for problems in their design, a time-consuming and frustrating task without the right debug tools.
The MSO/DPO5000 Series offers the industry’s most complete visualization of signals, providing fast insight into the real operation of your device. Tektronix proprietary FastAcq™ technology delivers a fast waveform capture – greater than 250,000 waveforms per second – that enables you to see glitches and other infrequent transients within seconds, revealing the true nature of device faults. A digital phosphor display with color intensity grading shows the history of a signal’s activity by using color to identify areas of the signal that occur more frequently, providing a visual display of just how often anomalies occur.
Discovering a device fault is only the first step. Next, you must capture the event of interest to identify root cause.
Accurately capturing any signal of interest begins with proper probing. The MSO/DPO5000 Series includes four high-impedance low-capacitance probes for accurate signal capture. These industry-first high-impedance passive voltage probes have less than 4 pF of capacitive loading to minimize the effect of the probe on your circuit’s operation, offering the performance of an active probe with the flexibility of a passive probe.
The MSO/DPO5000 Series provides a complete set of triggers – including runt, glitch, width, timeout, transition, pattern, state, setup/hold violation, serial packet, and parallel data – to help quickly find your event. Enhanced Triggering reduces trigger jitter at the trigger point. In this mode, the trigger point can be used as a measurement reference.
With up to a 250M point record length, you can capture many events of interest, even thousands of serial packets, in a single acquisition for further analysis while maintaining high resolution to zoom in on fine signal details. Investigate multiple segments of your waveform capture simultaneously with MultiView Zoom™ to quickly compare events in real time. FastFrame™ Segmented Memory mode enables you to make efficient use of large records by capturing many trigger events in a single record eliminating large time gaps between events of interest. View and measure the segments individually or as an overlay.
From triggering on specific packet content to automatic decode in multiple data formats, the MSO/DPO5000 Series provides integrated support for a broad range of serial buses – I2C, SPI, RS-232/422/485/UART, and USB. The ability to decode up to 16 serial and/or parallel buses simultaneously means you gain insight into system-level problems quickly.
Finding your event of interest in a long waveform record can be time consuming without the right search tools. With today’s record lengths pushing beyond a million data points, locating your event can mean scrolling through thousands of screens of signal activity.
The MSO/DPO5000 Series offers the industry’s most comprehensive search and waveform navigation with its innovative Wave Inspector® controls. These controls speed panning and zooming through your record.
With a unique force-feedback system, you can move from one end of your record to the other in just seconds. User marks allow you to mark any location that you may want to reference later for further investigation. Or, automatically search your record for criteria you define. Wave Inspector will instantly search your entire record, including analog and digital data.
Along the way it will automatically mark every occurrence of your defined event so you can quickly move between events. The advanced search and mark capability of the MSO/DPO5000 Series can even search for up to eight different events simultaneously and stop a live acquisition when it finds an event of interest, saving even more time.