DPO5104B Tektronix Digital Oscilloscope
The DPO5104B is a 1 GHz, 4 channel digital oscilloscope from Tektronix. Measure voltage or current signals over time in an electronic circuit or component to display amplitude, frequency and rise times, etc. Applications include troubleshooting, production test, and design.
- Bandwidth: 1 GHz
- 4 Channels
- 10/5 GS/s (2/4 channels)
- Record Length: 25M-4 Channel, 50M-1 or 2 Channels
- Rise Time: 350 ps
- Up to 250 megapoint record length with MultiView zoom™
- >250,000 wfms/s maximum waveform capture rate with FastAcq™ acquisition
- FastFrame™ segmented memory acquisition mode with up to 290,000 segments and >310,000 waveforms per second capture rate
- Standard 10 MΩ passive voltage probes with less than 4 pF capacitive loading and 500 MHz or 1 GHz analog bandwidth
- >11 bits vertical resolution using HiRes sampling
- User-selectable bandwidth limit and DSP filters for lower noise and better measurement accuracy
Key analysis features
- Wave inspector® controls provide easy navigation and automated search of waveform data
- Suite of advanced triggers, with standard Visual Trigger and Search
- 53 automated measurements, selectable filtering, waveform math and FFT analysis
- Waveform histogram, eye diagram, TIE (jitter/timing) measurement and analysis
- User-definable math using MATLAB, Visual Studio and Excel
- Optional analysis for memory, advanced jitter, serial data, power and Wideband RF
Key protocol features
- Trigger and decode options for mid-speed (100 Mb/s to 1 Gb/s) buses
- Trigger and decode options for low-speed (<10 Mb/s) buses
- Compliance test options for USB2.0, Ethernet, USB power, MOST, BroadR-Reach
- Mask testing on communication, computing and video standards
- TPP0500/B: One Passive Voltage Probe per Analog Channel (1 GHz, 10X, 3.9 pF)
- Front Cover
- Touchscreen Stylus
- User Manual (please specify language when ordering)
- Advanced Search and Mark, DPOJET Essentials, Visual Trigger and Search, Limit Test, and SR-CUST Custom serial analysis license all included standard
- Accessory Pouch, Mouse
- Calibration certificate documenting measurement traceability to National Metrology Institute(s), Z 540-1 compliance and ISO9001
- Power Cord (please specify power plug option when ordering)
- One-Year Warranty
The Tektronix DPO5104B oscilloscope provides exceptional signal fidelity, with a 1 GHz bandwidth and a 10GS/s sample rate, along with advanced analysis and math capabilities, on your bench and in your lab. Run Windows®-based analysis software right on the oscilloscope. Point and click Visual Triggers enable you to capture complex signals with ease.
See the performance difference
With up to 2 GHz analog bandwidth and sampling rates up to 10 GS/s, the MSO/DPO5000B series ensures you have the performance you need to capture waveforms with the best possible signal fidelity and resolution for seeing small waveform details.
Accurate high-speed probing
The TPP Series probes, included standard with every MSO/DPO5000B Series oscilloscope, provide up to 1 GHz of analog bandwidth, and less than 4 pF of capacitive loading. The extremely low capacitive loading minimizes adverse effects on your circuits and is more forgiving of longer ground leads. And with the probe's wide bandwidth, you can see the high frequency components in your signal, which is critical for high-speed applications. The TPP Series passive voltage probes offer all the benefits of general-purpose probes like high dynamic range, flexible connection options, and robust mechanical design, while providing the performance of active probes.
To debug a design problem, first you must know it exists. Every design engineer spends time looking for problems in their design, a time-consuming and difficult task without the right debug tools. The MSO/ DPO5000B Series offers the industry's most complete performance to capture and isolate events, providing fast insight into the real operation of your device. Tektronix proprietary FastAcq™ technology delivers a fast waveform capture - greater than 250,000 waveforms per second - that enables you to see glitches and other infrequent transients within seconds, revealing the true nature of device faults. A digital phosphor display with color intensity grading shows the history of a signal's activity by using color to identify areas of the signal that occur more frequently, providing a visual display of just how often anomalies occur across all channels.
High vertical resolution
If the measurement requirement is to capture high-amplitude signals while seeing smaller signal details the MSO/DPO5000B provides the acquisition flexibility needed to capture the signals of interest while removing the effects of unwanted noise. With HiRes acquisition vertical resolution can be increased to over 11 bits while reducing signal noise. Signal fidelity can be further increased by using channel input filters or applying a wide choice of DSP filters.
Long record length
With up to a 250 M point record length, you can capture many events of interest, even thousands of serial packets, in a single acquisition for further analysis while maintaining high resolution to zoom in on fine signal details.
For complex analysis like Time Interval Error (TIE) measurements the longer record length ensures you have enough data captured for handling clock recovery and creating jitter profiles. Unlike other oscilloscopes in its class, the MSO/DPO5000B provides flexible setup of both record length and sampling rate to ensure optimum resolution.
For more efficient data capture, partitioning of memory can extend the total time captured. FastFrame™ Segmented Memory mode enables you to select up to 290,000 memory segments with a trigger capture rate of over 310,000 triggers per second. Beyond memory flexibility, segments are time stamped and can be viewed individually or as an overlay and analyzed using advanced features like protocol decoding.