E2615B Agilent Probe Adapter
- Easy connection to surface mount ICs
- Safe, with no chance of shorting
- Mechanically non-invasive contact
- Operating voltage: <40 V (dc + peak ac)
- Operating current: 0.5 A maximum
- Capacitance between contacts: 2 pF (typical)
- Self-inductance: 15 nH (typical)
- Contact resistance: <0.1 Ohm
The Agilent E2615B is a wedge probe adapter for thin quad flat pack (TQFP) or plastic quad flat pack (PQFP). If you've ever tried to probe a surface mount component, you've probably experienced one or more of the following frustrating situations: accidentally shorting IC pins together; electrical and/or mechanical problems with soldering small wires onto leads; and/or holding multiple probes and trying to use your scope at the same time. The Agilent Wedge Probe Adapter provides a solution to these frustrations.
It is easy to insert and stays put - no need to solder small wires onto leads. The Wedge is mechanically non-invasive, so you won't damage the legs of the IC. It makes two contact points with each leg of the IC. This redundant physical connection increases the electrical reliability of the connection.