E8257D Agilent RF Generator
The E8257D is a 67 GHz RF Generator from Agilent. An RF generator is a tool engineers use to generate sinusoidal outputs while testing electronic equipment. The output will automatically have its frequency varied or swept between frequencies. A “sweep” is one complete cycle of a frequency variation. Engineers use RF signal generators as test equipment, mostly to measure responses of filters, amplifiers, and electrical components.
- Frequency Range: 250 kHz-67 GHz
- Output Power typical performance: +23dBm @ 20 GHz, + 17dBm @ 40 GHz, + 14dBm @ 67 GHz with excellent level accuracy
- Modulation: AM, FM, Pulse, Phase
- Broad frequency ranges - 250 kHz to 20, 31.8, 40, 50 or 67 GHz (operational to 70 GHz) with 0.001 Hz resolution
- High output power - typical performance of +23dBm @ 20 GHz, + 17dBm @ 40 GHz, + 14dBm @ 67 GHz with excellent level accuracy
- World-class SSB phase noise
- Flexible analog modulation formats - AM, FM, phase, and pulse
- Dual internal function generators - sine, square, triangular, ramp, and noise waveforms
- Easy frequency extension - up to 325 GHz with OML, Inc. AG Series mm-wave modules.
- Narrow pulse modulation - typical 8ns rise/fall times and 20ns pulse width from 10 MHz to 67 GHz
- Multiple high rate sweep modes - digital step/list sweep and analog ramp sweep featuring code compatibility with the Agilent HP 8757D scalar network analyzer
- External control using PSA Series spectrum analyzer
- Backwards compatible - same form factor and 100% code compatible with previous generations of PSG signal generators