- Input Power Rating: 10 kHz to 100 MHz: F-203I-23mm: 100 watts CW for 15 minutes
- 10 kHz to 100 MHz: F-203I-32mm: 125 watts CW for 30 minutes
- 100 MHz to 230 MHz: F-203I-23mm: 100 watts CW for 10 minutes
- 100 MHz to 230 MHz: F-203I-32mm: 100 watts CW for 30 minutes
- 230 MHz to 1GHz: F-203I-23mm: 50 watts CW for 10 minutes
- 230 MHz to 1GHz: F-203I-32mm: 100 watts for 15 minutes
- Pulse Mode: Transients of 3 nanosecond rise times and pulse widths of 100 nanoseconds can be coupled into cables up to 5 KV
- Directivity: >10 dB above 20 MHz
- Coupling Aperture: 23 mm (F-203I-23mm); 32 mm (F-203I-32mm)
- Length: 610 mm
- Width: 75 mm (F-203I-23mm); 105 mm (F-203I-32mm)
- Height including handle: 135 mm (F-203I-23mm); 190 mm (F-203I-32mm)
- Broad bandwidth — usable from 10 kHz to 1 GHz
- High efficiency coupling factor, <3 dB from 150 kHz - 500 MHZ
- F-203I-32mm is ideal for testing multi-conductor cables
The electromagnetic (EM) clamp is a high efficiency broadband clamp-on injection device developed to test the immunity of electronic equipment when the standard IEC 1000-4-6 CDN using the direct capacitive coupling technique is not possible nor appropriate. The EM clamp is often used to test unshielded multiple conductor cables.
Fischer Custom Communications, Inc. offers two EM Injection Clamps, model F-203I-23mm and F-203I-32mm. FCC EM Injection Clamps offer unique benefits compared to conventional EM Injection Clamps.
For conducted immunity testing from 150 kHz to 230 MHz the increased efficiency can save the user as much as 100% on required CW amplifier power. The F-203I family requires less than 10 watts to develop the 10 volt open circuit level in accord with IEC 1000-4-6. When an additional ferrite decoupling or ferrite tube is used in the test the F-203I family requires less than 36 watts to develop the 10 volt open circuit level.
The image is for reference only. See product specification for details.