FSP40 Rohde & Schwarz Spectrum Analyzer
The FSP40 is a 40 GHz Spectrum Analyzer from Rohde & Schwarz. A spectrum analyzer measures the power of spectrums of known and unknown signals. Spectrum analyzers collect information such as the magnitude of an input signal compared to its frequency. As a frequency analyzer, spectrum analyzers’ main use is to document and analyze electrical input signals as well as spectral compositions of other signals.
- Frequency range: 9 kHz-40 GHz
- Resolution bandwidth: 1 Hz to 10 MHz
- Displayed average noise level: -155 dBm (1 Hz)
- Phase noise: -113 dB (1 Hz) at 10 kHz
- Additional filters: Channel filters from 100 Hz to 5 MHz and RRC filters, FFT filters from 1 Hz to 30 kHz, EMI bandwidths and quasi-peak detector
- Measurement functions for TOI, MC ACP(R), OBW, CCDF, APD, etc
- Measurement applications for cellular standards and general purpose, e.g. phase noise, noise figure, etc.
- DANL typ.: -155 dBm (1 Hz) w/o preamp
- Phase-noise typ.: -113 dBc/Hz @ 10 kHz offset, CF 500 MHz
- Phase-noise typ.: - 145 dBc/Hz @ 10 MHz offset, CF 500 MHz
- TOI typ.: 10 dBm
- 1-dB-compression point: 0 dBm
- 0.5 dB total level uncertainty up to 3.6 GHz
- <0.2 dB linearity error down to -70 dB
- IF digitizer 12 bit 32 MHz (20.4 MHz IF)
- IQ memory 2x128 ksamples
- 2.5ms sweep time in frequency domain
- 1 µs sweep time in time domain
- Up to 70 remote measurements/s via GPIB
- Up to 80 manual measurements/s (screen update)
- GSM/EGPRS//EDGE Evolution/VAMOS
- CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO
- CDMA2000® 1xRTT
- WiMAX IEEE 802.16e-2005 and IEEE 802.16-2004
- Bluetooth® (Basic Rate)
The ideal partner for both development and production, featuring good level measurement uncertainty, as well as excellent RF characteristics. The R&S FSP40 incorporates proven technology to enable best performance, reliability and ease of service. The Rohde & Schwarz FSP40 Spectrum Analyzer is capable of testing spurious emissions stipulated in the GSM specifications and has a firmware to allow adjacent-channel power (ACP) measurement to the W-CDMA/third-generation partnership project (3GPP).
This measurement is implemented in the Rohde & Schwarz FSP40 by automatic test routines which make all necessary settings, measurements and filtering. The electronic attenuator for a spectrum analyzer increases the availability for use in production and allows a number of switching operations in a wear-and-tear-free setting range of 30 dB in 5 dB steps.