- FastAcq™ high-speed waveform capture rate finds elusive signal anomalies quickly
- Three-year warranty covering all parts and labor on the MDO3000 instrument. One-year warranty covering all
- Small footprint and lightweight – Only 5.8 in. (147 mm) deep and 9.2 lb. (4.2 kg)
- 9 in. (229 mm) WVGA widescreen color display
- TekVPI® probe interface directly supports active, differential, and current probes for automatic scaling and units
- 33 automated measurements and waveform histograms for simplified waveform analysis
- Three-year warranty covering all parts and labor on the MDO3000 instrument
- One-year warranty covering all parts and labor on included probes
- Bandwidth: 200 MHz
- Bandwidth is upgradable up to 1 GHz
- 4 analog channels
- Sample Rate: 2.5 GS/s
- 10 M record length on all channels
- >280,000 wfm/s maximum waveform capture rate
- Standard passive voltage probes with 3.9 pF capacitive loading and 1 GHz, 500 MHz, or 250 MHz analog bandwidth
- Frequency range: Standard: 9 kHz - oscilloscope bandwidth
- Optional: 9 kHz - 3 GHz
- Ultra-wide capture bandwidth up to 3 GHz
- Arbitrary Function Generator (Optional)
- 13 predefined waveform types
- 50 MHz waveform generation
- 128 k arbitrary generator record length
- 250 MS/s arbitrary generator sample rate
Logic Analyzer (Optional)
- 16 digital channels
- 10 M record length on all channels
- 121.2 ps timing resolution
Protocol Analyzer (Optional)
- Serial bus support for I2C, SPI, RS-232/422/485/UART, USB 2.0, CAN, LIN, FlexRay, MIL-STD-1553, and Audio standards
Digital Voltmeter (Free with product registration)
- 4-digit AC RMS, DC, and AC+DC RMS voltage measurements
- 5-digit frequency measurements
- TPP0250, 250 MHz bandwidth, 10X, 3.9 pF. One passive voltage probe per analog channel
- N-to-BNC adapter
- Documentation CD
- Installation and Safety Instructions, printed manual (translated in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese)
- Accessory bag
- Power cord
- OpenChoice® Desktop Software (available on the Documentation CD and for download from www.tektronix.com/ downloads.)
- Calibration certificate documenting traceability to National Metrology Institute(s) and ISO9001 quality system registration
- Embedded Design: Discover and solve issues quickly by performing system level debug on mixed signal embedded systems including today’s most common serial bus technologies with the 6-in-1 MDO3000 and support for a broad set of common serial buses.
- Power Design: Make reliable and repeatable voltage, current, and power measurements using automated power quality, switching loss, harmonics, ripple, modulation, and safe operating area measurements with the widest selection of power probes in an affordable solution.
- Education: Managing multiple instruments on a bench can be troublesome. The MDO3000 eliminates the need to manage multiple instruments by integrating six instrument types into a single, small (5.8 in., 147.4 mm deep) instrument. The combination of a small instrument and high level of integration aids in the teaching of various electronics principles as well as in its usage for more sophisticated lab experiments. Full upgradeability enables adding functionality over time as needs change or budgets allow.
- Manufacturing Test and Troubleshooting: Size and space constraints can play havoc on a manufacturing floor. The unique 6-in-1 MDO3000 minimizes rack or bench space by integrating multiple instruments into one small package. Integration reduces cost associated with utilizing multiple different instrument types in manufacturing test or troubleshooting stations.
- Service Installation and Maintenance: Having the right instruments when and where you need them is critical. The MDO3000 includes six instrument types in a light weight (9.2 lb., 4.2 kg), portable package–making it the perfect choice where space is limited and flexibility is desired.
Today's integrated designs need an oscilloscope that is just as integrated - such as the MDO3024 Mixed Domain Oscilloscopes. It is the ultimate 6-in-1 integrated oscilloscope that includes an integrated spectrum analyzer, arbitrary function generator, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, and digital voltmeter/counter. The MDO3024 is completely customizable and fully upgradeable. Add the instruments and performance you need now - or later.
At the core of the Tektronix MDO3024 is a world-class oscilloscope, offering comprehensive tools that speed each stage of debug – from quickly discovering anomalies and capturing them, to searching your waveform record for events of interest and analyzing their characteristics and your device’s behavior.
At the core of the MDO3000 Series is a world-class oscilloscope, offering comprehensive tools that speed each stage of debug – from quickly discovering anomalies and capturing them, to searching your waveform record for events of interest and analyzing their characteristics and your device’s behavior.
The MDO3000 is the first oscilloscope in its class to include an integrated spectrum analyzer. Each oscilloscope includes a spectrum analyzer with a frequency range of 9 kHz up to the analog bandwidth of the instrument. The spectrum analyzer frequency range of each instrument can be upgraded from 9 kHz to 3 GHz (option MDO3SA), enabling spectral analysis on most consumer wireless standards.
Arbitrary Function Generator (optional)
The MDO3000 contains an optional integrated arbitrary function generator (option MDO3AFG), perfect for simulating sensor signals within a design or adding noise to signals to perform margin testing.
The integrated function generator provides output of predefined waveforms up to 50 MHz for sine, square, pulse, ramp/triangle, DC, noise, sin(x)/x (Sinc), Gaussian, Lorentz, exponential rise/fall, Haversine and cardiac.
The arbitrary waveform generator provides 128 k points of record for storing waveforms from the analog input, a saved internal file location, a USB mass storage device, or from an external PC. Once a waveform is in the edit memory of the arbitrary waveform generator, it can be modified via an on-screen editor and then replicated out of the generator. The MDO3000 is compatible with Tektronix’ ArbExpress PC-based waveform creation and editing software, making creation of complex waveforms fast and easy. Transfer waveform files to your MDO3000 edit memory via USB or LAN or using a USB mass storage device to be output from the AFG in the oscilloscope.
Logic Analyzer (optional)
The logic analyzer (option MDO3MSO) provides 16 digital channels which are tightly integrated into the oscilloscope’s user interface. This simplifies operation and makes it possible to solve mixed-signal issues easily.
Serial Protocol Triggering and Analysis (optional)
On a serial bus, a single signal often includes address, control, data, and clock information. This can make isolating events of interest difficult. Automatic trigger, decode, and search on bus events and conditions gives you a robust set of tools for debugging serial buses. The optional serial protocol triggering and analysis functionality is offered free for a 30-day trial period. This free trial period starts automatically when the instrument is powered on for the first time.
Digital Voltmeter (DVM) and Frequency Counter
The MDO3000 contains an integrated 4-digit digital voltmeter (DVM) and 5-digit frequency counter. Any of the analog inputs can be a source for the voltmeter, using the same probes that are already attached for general oscilloscope usage. The easy-to-read display offers you both numeric and graphical representations of the changing measurement values. The display also shows minimum, maximum, and average values of the measurement as well as the range of values measured over the previous five second interval. The DVM and frequency counter is available on any MDO3000 and is activated when you register your product.
Large High-Resolution Display
The MDO3000 Series features a 9 inch (229 mm) wide-screen, high-resolution (800 Ω 480 WVGA) display for seeing intricate signal details.
The MDO3000 contains a number of ports which can be used to connect the instrument to a network, directly to a PC, or other test equipment.
- Front and rear USB host ports enable easy transfer of screen shots, instrument settings, and waveform data to a USB mass storage device. A USB keyboard can also be attached to a USB host port for data entry.
- Rear USB device port is useful for controlling the oscilloscope remotely from a PC or for printing directly to a PictBridge®-compatible printer.
- The standard 10/100 Ethernet port on the rear of the instrument enables easy connection to networks, provides network and e-mail printing, and provides LXI Core 2011 compatibility.
- A video out port on the rear of the instrument allows the display to be exported to an external monitor or projector
Remote Connectivity and Instrument Control
Exporting data and measurements is as simple as connecting a USB cable from the oscilloscope to your PC. Key software applications – OpenChoice® Desktop, and Microsoft Excel and Word toolbars – are included standard with each oscilloscope to enable fast and easy direct communication with your Windows PC.
The included OpenChoice Desktop enables fast and easy communication between the oscilloscope and your PC through USB or LAN for transferring settings, waveforms, and screen images.
The embedded e*Scope® capability enables fast control of the oscilloscope over a network connection through a standard web browser. Simply enter the IP address or network name of the oscilloscope and a web page will be served to the browser. Transfer and save settings, waveforms, measurements, and screen images or make live control changes to settings on the oscilloscope directly from the web browser.
Compact Form Factor
With the compact, portable form factor, you can easily move the oscilloscope between labs. And with a depth of just 5.8 inches (147 mm), it saves you valuable space on your test bench. The MDO3000 has all the tools you’ll need for everyday debug tasks, all in a single instrument.
The MDO3000 Series scope ships with standard passive probes and uses the standard TekVPI probe interface.
Standard Passive Voltage Probes
The MDO3000 Series include passive voltage probes with industry best capacitive loading of only 3.9 pF. The included TPP probes minimize the impact on devices under test and accurately deliver signals to the oscilloscope for acquisition and analysis. The following table shows which TPP probes come standard with each MDO3000 model.
TekVPI® Probe Interface
The TekVPI probe interface sets the standard for ease of use in probing. In addition to the secure, reliable connection that the interface provides, TekVPI probes feature status indicators and controls, as well as a probe menu button right on the comp box itself. This button brings up a probe menu on the oscilloscope display with all relevant settings and controls for the probe. The TekVPI interface enables direct attachment of current probes without requiring a separate power supply.
TekVPI probes can be controlled remotely through USB, GPIB, or LAN, enabling more versatile solutions in ATE environments. The instrument provides up to 25 W of power to the front panel connectors from the internal power supply.
The image is a representation of selection. See specifications for product details.
|Record Length||10 MPts|
|Sampling Rate||2.5 GS/s|
- Tektronix DPO4000B, MDO3000, MDO4000, MDO4000B, MSO4000B Programmer Manual
- Tektronix MDO3000 Series Instructions
- Tektronix MDO3000 Series Technical Reference
- Tektronix MDO3000 Series User Manual