MIT230-EN Megger Insulation Tester
- 250 V/ 500 V/ 1000 V Insulation and Continuity Tester
- Insulation testing to 1000 MΩ
- Continuity testing at 200 mA down to 0.01 Ω
- Live circuit warning (voltage display) and test inhibit
- Digital/analog display
- Alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- 14 °F to 131 °F operating temperature
- CAT III 600 V
- Conforms to EN 61557
- Display of insulation measurement up to 1000 MΩ on a combined analog arc and a digital display
- Continuity range with 0.01 Ω resolution and a short circuit current in excess of 200 mA
- Automatic continuity testing leaves both hands free. No need to press the test button
- Automatic power-down if left unattended to preserve battery power
- Automatic voltage detection and warning avoids accidental contact with hazardous live circuits
- Test lead zero allows compensation for test lead resistance up to 10 Ω
- Test lead set and crocodile clips
- Carry case
- The MIT200 series will find applications when installing electrical installations, on both domestic and industrial systems, as well as within site maintenance and service departments.
- The MIT200 series of insulation and continuity testers are also ideal for testing domestic appliances, power tools, transformers, motors, generators, switchgear, electrical panels etc., as well as fixed electrical wiring systems.
- Their small size and light weight make them ideal for those engineers that need to carry an insulation tester for extended periods.
- All instruments meet the requirements of most International Standards including VDE 0413 Part 1 and BS 7671 (the 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations).
The MIT200 is one of the most compact insulation testers available on the market today. With options of one, two and three test voltage instruments, the MIT200 series offers a surprising range of safety and operational features.
The display offers a combination of digital readout and analog display, using Megger’s patented DART technology, so includes the benefits of an LCD display such as clear, accurate measurement and precise readings, with an analog pointer response for evaluating circuit charge and discharge characteristics.
The instrument housing is in tough ABS, designed to withstand the rigours of hard day-to-day use, and is small enough to drop into your pocket or toolbag.
Battery requirements are 6 AA batteries of either standard alkaline or nickel metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable type. A low battery warning indicator gives advanced warning of exhausted batteries.
Automatic continuity testing is performed at 200 mA to ensure compliance with international requirements. The convenient autostart feature means there is no need to press the test button to begin the test-both hands can be used to hold the test lead probes.
All instruments will measure up to 100 Ω on continuity, with 0-10 Ω using 200 mA so meeting international electrical testing requirements.
Lead null is possible up to 9.99 Ω of test lead resistance, providing the ability to null fused, extended or standard test leads.
A buzzer provides a means of rapid cable testing and circuit continuity identification, with voltage protection should you accidentally touch a live circuit. The buzzer operates at a 2 Ω threshold.
There are four instruments in the range offering range configurations, providing an ideal entry-level solution to most low voltage insulation testing applications. Insulation test ranges include 250 V; 500 V and 1000 V depending on model. Auto discharge ensures all circuits under test are safely discharged after testing.
Note: the 1000 V insulation test range provides a high voltage warning prior to test voltage being applied.
Every Megger instrument is designed with safety as its primary objective. There are in-built safety checks to warn of inadvertent connection to a hazardous live supply on all ranges, and all instruments meet or exceed the requirements of safety directive IEC 61010 and EN 61557 for insulation and continuity testing.
Default volt meter
A built-in voltmeter is automatically activated and displays the system voltage when the instrument is connected to a circuit with an a.c. or d.c. voltage greater than 25 V.
Circuits in excess of 25 V will generate a voltage warning as above. The instrument will inhibit testing on circuits over 50 V on both continuity and insulation test ranges, protecting the operator and the instrument from injury or damage.
600 V CAT III
The MIT200 series has been designed for use on applications up to 600 V CAT III.