MIT330-EN Megger Insulation Tester
- 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V Insulation and Continuity Tester
- Extremely easy to use
- Tough rubber armoured case
- Self contained protective case
- Weatherproof to IP54
- Intelligent Safety System for protection
- Result storage and downloading
- Download software included
- USB interface
- Test lead set and crocodile clips
- 001SP4F Switch probe (MIT320 and MIT330 only)
- The MIT300 series has applications in all aspects of domestic, commercial and industrial electrical contracting, building maintenance, testing, inspection and servicing.
- Combining both Insulation testing and continuity testing, each instrument caters for all aspects of fixed wiring installations.
- Further applications can be found in panel building, testing of motors, generators, switchgear and power tools, street lighting and low volume manufacturing environments etc.
- All the MIT300 (except MIT310A) range is supplied with a full 3 years warranty.
The Megger MIT300 series features:
Digital or Analogue: The Megger MIT300, MIT310 and MIT320 all feature the popular Megger digital/analogue display. Large 20mm high characters provide very clear readout, combined with an analogue arc for the feel of an analogue instrument, with a true analogue response.
The Megger MIT310A has a moving coil display for those who prefer a real moving needle. Black decals on a white background give high contrast, even in poor light conditions.
- Designed to take the bashing that testers receive on site, the Megger MIT insulation testers are rubber armoured.
- The rigid display cover folds right out of the way during testing and locks down to protect the display when it is finished.
Simple to use:
- No buried functions mean it is obvious how to use the Megger MIT.
- Colour coded ranges help test selection, reducing testing time and help with fault location.
- A user guide in the lid provides all the basic information.
Hands free use:
- It hangs comfortably around the neck for hands-free use because the instrument is carefully balanced.
- Continuity and buzzer testing starts automatically on connection to the circuit.
- Insulation tests being activated from the instrument or the switch probe, supplied with MIT320 and MIT330 (not suitable for the use with the MIT300 or MIT310).
- Both the display and the range selected can be read in the dark because the MIT 320/330 has a backlit display and range selection.
To protect the user and the tester from incorrect use the MIT series all have an extensive range of features known as the Megger Intelligent Safety System including:
- Safety Interlock – prevents unsafe connection of test leads
- Safe contact detectors – Even if the MIT is connected to a live circuit whilst on continuity setting the tester will remain safe and not be damaged.
- Live voltage warning – alerts the operator when a circuit voltage over 25 V exists.
- Safety lockout – Prevents the test from operating when the circuit voltage is >50 V.
- Continuity check – prevents a continuity test or buzzer test on a live circuit.
The MIT300, 310, 320 and 330 meet or exceed the UK and International Wiring Regulations, including requirements of BS7671 and VDE 0413 parts 1 and 4, HD 384, IEC 364, NFC15-100, NEN3140, ES59009 and EN 61557.
In addition, the range meets the requirements of IEC 61010-1 for safe connection to a 440 V Installation Category III supply (600 V Phase to Earth).
The MIT330 additionally offers the facility to save test results to internal memory. Over 1000 result can be saved on site, and downloaded to a computer when convenient. Data is stored in non-volatile memory, being retained when the instrument is switched off or batteries are exhausted.
A Job reference number can be selected for a range of results, allowing separate locations to be tested with the same tester and easily separated when downloaded.
A memory bar graph acts as a ‘Fuel Gauge’ showing how much memory has been used.
Test results are downloaded to CSV (Coma Separated Variable) spreadsheets, and can be imported into Microsoft Excel. If certificates or reports are required, the results can be downloaded directly into Megger Powersuite Professional with a range of features for creating professionally finished documentation.