MIT430/2 Megger Insulation Tester
- 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V + PI + DAR + VAR (New) + Bluetooth® download
- Language group 2 - English - Spanish - Italian - Portuguese
- Designed for Electrical and Industrial testing
- Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 GΩ range
- Stabilized insulation test voltage
- Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ
- Adjustable insulation test voltage from 10 V to 1000 V
- 600 V Trms AC and DC voltage measurement
- Test result storage and Bluetooth® downloading
- Live circuit detection and protection
- Rechargeable options for mains and car charging
- CAT IV 600 V and IP54
- Weatherproof - Every tester is sealed to IP54, providing a weatherproof case to reduce the chances of water ingress, including the battery and fuse compartment.
- Tough housing - Rubber over moulding combines the tough shock absorbing outer protection with excellent grip, on a strong modified ABS housing, providing an almost indestructible case.
- Batteries - Battery requirements are 6 AA batteries of either standard Alkaline or Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable type, providing a minimum of 3000 insulation tests at 1000 V.
- Red/Black Silicone test leads with Probes + Clips
- SP5 remote switch probe (not MIT400/2)
- Owners information CD
- Batteries 6 x AA Alkaline
- Hard carry case
Typical Applications Include:
- Commercial Avionics
- Military Land, Marine and Air communications
- Manufacturing/production line goods
- Electrostatic measurement
- Component testing
- Battery powered traction and lifting equipment
The MIT400 mk2 series insulation and continuity testers are designed not just for Electrical and Industrial, but with an exceptionally wide range of applications from electrical installations, cable testing, motor testing, automotive, ESD, panel building, avionics, maintenance etc.
Insulation testing has been enhanced with feedback controlled test voltages to limit over-voltage to 2%, rather than the industry standard 10-20%.
A variable range has been added to allow any intermediate voltage from 10 V to 1000 V in 1 V steps, where application specific test voltages are required that do not appear in the standard ranges (Dependent on model).
Continuity testing is now significantly faster, and a single auto-ranging 0.01 Ω to 1.0 MΩ function replaces the “ohms” and “kOhms” ranges. Retained are the 200 mA and 20 mA test options.
Replacing the original MIT400 instruments the new units feature a redesigned case, back-stand, and 6 cell battery compartment with separate fuse access.
All instruments are over-moulded for increased protection and achieve an IP54 weatherproof rating.
Insulation Resistance Testing:
The stabilized insulation test voltage is now accurate to +2% -0%. This compares to the industry standard +20%, providing a more accurate test voltage without the risk of over-voltage damage to circuits or components. The output voltage is maintained between 0 and 2% throughout the test range.
Where a non-standard test voltage is required, a variable range allows the exact test voltage to be selected from 10 V up to 1000 V. and is subject to the same stabilized output control (Dependent on model).
True RMS voltage measurement to 600 V ac or dc with resolution from 0.1 mV.
- Digital voltage measurement up to 600 V ac/dc
- Analogue arc measurement to 600 V ac/dc
- Automatic display of frequency during voltage measurement
The display offers a combination of Analogue arc and a dual digital readout:
- Full display width analogue arc.
- Analogue arc display shows essential charge and discharge characteristics not visible on a digital display.
- Single pointer “needle” response is similar to a moving coil meter.
- Setup functions allow control of Buzzer limit alarms, Continuity test currents (New)
Dual Digital Display
- Large main digital readout for good visibility of all main measurement results
- Second digital display for additional data such as:
- Insulation test voltage.
- Insulation leakage current.
- Supply frequency (when measuring volts).
- Test mode eg. PI, DAR or t (t = Timer mode).
Storage and Downloading Results
Smooth Bluetooth® and pairing procedures make the MIT430/2 easy to pair and download data. The test results are downloaded to a CSV file which can then be opened as an Excel® spreadsheet
Designed to be exceptionally safe to use, fast detecting circuitry prevents damage to the instruments if accidentally connected to live circuits or across phases.
Specifically, all instruments:
- Meet the international requirements of IEC61010 and EN61557.
- Live circuit detection inhibits insulation testing on circuits above 25 V, 30 V, 50 V, 75 V or 100 V (default 50 V).
- Live circuit detection and test inhibit on continuity measurements.
- Default display of live circuit voltage on all ranges.
- Detection and inhibit functions even if the protection fuse has failed.
- Suitable for use on CAT IV applications and supply voltages to 600 V.