MIT481/2 Megger Insulation Tester
- 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V + Storage Insulation Tester
- Language group 2 - English - Spanish - Italian - Portuguese
- Insulation testing up to 500 V and 100 GΩ range in a hand held instrument
- 3 wire connection for A, B and E (Tip, Ring and Earth) connection (New)
- Gated access to 500 V to prevent accidental damage (New)
- Rechargeable options for mains and car charging (New)
- Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ (New)
- Differential measurement capability (New)
- Stabilized insulation test voltage (New)
- 600 V Trms AC and DC voltage measurement
- Test result storage and Bluetooth® downloading
- CAT IV 600 V and IP 54
- Red/Black silicone test leads with prods and clips
- SP5 Switched probe (not MIT400/2)
- Owners Information CD
- Batteries 6 x AA Alkaline
- Hard carry case
The MIT480 mk2 series insulation and continuity testers replace the original MIT480 range and are designed specifically for the Telecommunications and Cable testing markets. The new units feature a redesigned case, back-stand, and 6 cell battery compartment with separate fuse access. All instruments are over-molded for increased protection and achieve an IP54 weatherproof rating.
Three Terminal Connection (NEW)
Three terminal measurement permits the connection of all three test leads for A, B and E (or Tip, Ring and Ground). The measurement pair is selected from the A-B-E (T-R-G) button on the front panel. (New). Selection is confirmed in the display. No disconnection of test leads to measure individual pairs are required. Alternatively the units can be used as a conventional Two Terminal instrument.
Insulation Resistance Testing
The feedback controlled insulation test voltage is now accurate to +2% -0% compared to the original +20%, providing a more accurate test voltage without the risk of over-voltage damage to circuits.
A variable range allows the exact test voltage to be selected from 10 V up to 500 V.
True RMS voltage measurement to 600 V ac or dc with resolution from 0.1 mV.
- Digital voltage measurement up to 600 V ac/dc
- Analogue arc measurement to 600 V ac/dc
- Automatic display of frequency during voltage measurement
Input impedance is 10 MΩ to prevent loading the circuit and reporting low voltages. (New)
The display offers a combination of Analogue arc and a dual digital readout:
- Full display width analogue arc.
- Analogue arc display shows essential charge and discharge characteristics not visible on a digital display.
- Single pointer “needle” response is similar to a moving coil meter.
Setup functions allow control of Buzzer limit alarms, Continuity test currents, kΩ/MΩ/GΩ.
Dual digital display
- Large main digital readout for good visibility of all main measurement results
- Second digital display for additional data such as:
Insulation test voltage, Insulation leakage current, Supply frequency (when measuring volts), and Differential measurement result display.
Weatherproof - Every tester is sealed to IP54, providing a weatherproof case to reduce the chances of water ingress, including the battery and fuse compartment.
Tough housing - Rubber over molding combines the tough shock absorbing outer protection with excellent grip, on a strong modified ABS housing, providing an almost indestructible case.
Batteries - Battery requirements are 6 AA batteries of either standard Alkaline or Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable type, providing a minimum of 3000 insulation tests at 500 V.