MW8219A Anritsu PIM Analyzer
- PCS/AWS Bands 1900/2100 MHz
- PIM: 3rd, 5th, and 7th order intermodulation product in receive band (user selectable)
- Noise Floor: Rx noise floor of base station
- Distance-to-PIM: Distance and magnitude of multiple PIM sources (Option 0420)
Anritsu’s handheld instruments supporting the PIM Master include:
- Site Master™ S332E, S362E
- Spectrum Master™ MS2712E, MS2713E
- Cell Master™ MT8212E, MT8213E
- BTS Master™ MT8221B, MT8222A/B
The Anritsu MW8219A PIM Master is an integrated source and receiver that generates a high-power signal that excites micro arching and PIM. These signals are picked up by the on-board receiver.
Anritsu has developed the PIM Master to verify and troubleshoot Passive Inter-Modulation (PIM). The PIM Master generates two high-power tones, usually in the transmit band of interest. The Anritsu family of handheld RF instruments has a PIM Analyzer mode for controlling the PIM Master. These handheld instruments display and measure the third-order, fifth-order, or seventh-order lower intermodulation product reflecting back from the DUT to the PIM Master.
In addition, the PIM Master can measure the Distance-to-PIM of multiple PIM sources, providing the distance to the source and its relative magnitude, both inside the antenna system and beyond.