- 3 Hz to 3.6, 8.4, 13.6, 26.5, 43, 44, or 50 GHz; internal preamplifier options up to 50 GHz
- 10 MHz (standard), 25, 40, or 140 MHz analysis bandwidth
- Extend frequency to 325 GHz and beyond with external mixing
- ±0.19 dB absolute amplitude accuracy
- +22 dBm third order intercept (TOI)
- -172 dBm displayed average noise level (DANL) with preamplifier and noise floor extension
- -83 dB (-88 dB nominal) W-CDMA ACLR dynamic range (with noise correction on)
Measurement Applications & Software
- PXA supports over 25 measurement applications, covering cellular communication, wireless connectivity, digital video, and general purpose.
- Advanced analysis of more than 70 signal formats; software runs inside the PXA.
- MATLAB data analysis software for general purpose data analysis, visualization, and measurement automation.
- Agilent's PowerSuite one-button power measurements included as standard
Automation & Communication Interface
- LXI class C compliant, SCPI and IVI-COM
- USB 2.0, 1000Base-T LAN, GPIB
- Programming remote language compatibility with PSA, 8566/68, 856x, and more
- Common X-Series user interface/Open Windows® XP operating system
The PXA signal analyzer is the highest-performance member of the X-Series and is the evolutionary replacement for your current performance signal analyzer. It provides frequency coverage up to 50 GHz and ensures present and future flexibility through optional measurement capabilities and hardware expandability. Through external mixing with Agilent or third-party harmonic mixers, the PXA can measure signals to 325 GHz and beyond. The PXA’s advanced performance, flexibility, capability, and expandability enable you to address demanding applications in aerospace, defense, commercial communications and more. In addition, the PXA includes extensive remote language compatibility features that make it easier to replace existing Agilent performance spectrum analyzers.
With the performance and flexibility of the PXA, you’ll be equipped to create state-of-the-art original designs. Unravel complex signals through the PXA’s broad set of measurement applications and demodulation capabilities, such as the Keysight 89600 VSA software and MATLAB. Adding real-time spectrum analyzer capabilities is an upgradable option for new and existing PXAs, enabling you to see, capture and understand fleeting, close-in signals at very low levels.
The PXA is ideally suited for high-performance R&D applications in aerospace & defense and commercial wireless communications. The PXA analyzes signals over wider bandwidths, reduces measurement uncertainty and reveals previously hidden signals with Noise Floor Extension.
NFE technology provides a dramatic improvement in the PXA’s ability to accurately measure low-level signals approaching the theoretical “kTB” noise floor. NFE reduces the measurement noise by up to 10 dB and more. With increased averaging, the PXA’s effective noise floor can be extended by up to 10 dB because 90% or more of the contributed noise power is predictable, which means it can be measured, calibrated and then eliminated during normal measurements.
Even at the extremes of signal analysis, your high-performance analyzer should be ready for anything. That’s why we offer real-time spectrum analysis as an upgradable option for new and existing PXAs. With real-time spectrum analyzer capabilities, the PXA offers the widest analysis bandwidth and dynamic range to ensure maximum probability of intercept (POI). And for even deeper analysis and thorough characterization of complex signals, a real-time PXA can also be equipped with the Keysight 89600 VSA software. See, capture and understand the most elusive signals—known or unknown.
- Detect signals with 100% POI with durations as short as 3.57 µs
- Scan wide spans of spectrum with 160 MHz real-time bandwidth up to 50 GHz frequency range
- See small signals in the presence of large ones with up to 75 dB of spurious-free dynamic range
Every PXA also includes I/Q analyzer functionality and Keysight PowerSuite. It allows viewing of magnitude, phase, or I/Q behavior for complex modulated signals over the maximum available analysis bandwidth. PowerSuite provides a wealth of one-button, standards-based power measurements such as TOI, harmonic distortion and burst power.
|Manufacturer||Agilent, HP, Keysight|
- Agilent N9030A Service Guide
- Agilent N9030A X-Series Functional Tests
- Agilent N9030A, N9020A, N9010A, N9000A X-Series Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide
- Agilent N9030A, N9020A, N9010A, N9000A X-Series Programmers Guide
- Agilent N9030A, N9020A, N9010A, N9000A X-Series Spectrum Analyzer Measurment Guide
- Agilent N9030A, N9020A, N9010A, N9000A, N9038A X-Series IQ Analyzer Mode Users and Programmers Reference
- Agilent N9030A, N9020A, N9010A, N9000A, N9038A X-Series Spectrum Analyzer Mode Users and Programmers Reference