NSG431 Schaffner ESD Gun
The NSG431 is a esd gun from Schaffner. An ESD Gun, also known as an ESD simulator is used to test devices with an electrostatic discharge.
- Rise time: 5ns ±30% at 2kV
- Discharge voltage: 2 ÷16.5kV/2 ÷ 21kV
- Polarity: positive/negative
- Discharge capacitor Co: 150pF* ±10%
- Discharge resistor Ro: 150Ω ±5%
- Mode of operation: single/continuous (20 Hz)
- Current supply: 100/120/220/240V
- AC ± 10% 50/60 Hz
- Temp. range: 5 ÷ 40° C
- Suppression: N(VDE 0875)
The Schaffner NSG431 Electrostatic Discharge Simulator is used to simulate in a repeatable manner, the real world ESD events which occur every day during a product life-time. These ESD events can cause many types of failures in a piece of electronic equipment to occur such as loss of memory, erroneous operation, destruction of sensitive components, etc.