- Includes Versiv mainframe, Quad OTDR module and Wi-Fi
- Full OTDR capability that certifies fiber performance based on industry standards or customer specifications
- Complaint with ISO and TIA standards
- Capacitive touchscreen with gesture based interface
- Test times as short as two seconds in Quick Test mode
- Quickly test datacenter fiber with pre-programmed settings
- Troubleshoot datacenter fiber links with short patch cables and many connectors because of ultra short dead zones
- Easily characterize all connectors, splices and areas of high loss with graphical EventMap view
- Pass/Fail certification of fiber optic connector endfaces
- Reduce network downtime by quickly and precisely identifying faults on all fiber types
- Built-in Visual Fault Locator (VFL) easily identifies damaged fibers
The OptiFiber Pro OTDR is the Tier 2 (extended) fiber certification solution and part of the Versiv Cabling Certification product family. The Versiv line also includes copper certification and OLTS modules. Versiv is designed around the revolutionary ProjX management system and Taptive user interface. ProjX tracks jobs to ensure they're done correctly the first time, thus reducing rework. With the intuitive Taptive user interface, instrument set-up and operation are so simple, even operators with limited cabling skills can successfully test and troubleshoot a system. Analysis of measurement data and professional test reports are easy with the familiar LinkWare management software.
Designed for Enterprise Fiber
As enterprise networks and datacenter architectures evolve, IT infrastructure administrators demand better OTDR technology to maintain fiber network performance. Many OTDRs (Optical Time Domain Reflectometers) used for fiber troubleshooting are designed for carriers and contain cumbersome and complicated features that enterprise users don’t need. Few OTDRs are built with features and usability for enterprise network engineers, SAN designers and cable installers.
As enterprises consume more storage resources and adopt higher bandwidth (40G, 100G) datacenter architectures, the resilience of the cabling infrastructure becomes highly dependent upon maintenance tools to ensure fiber reliability. OptiFiber Pro is the industry’s first purpose-built OTDR that meets the unique challenges of an enterprise fiber infrastructure. With its simple Taptive user interface and powerful feature set, the OptiFiber Pro turns anyone into an efficient and expert premise fiber troubleshooter or installer.
- SmartLoop OTDR enables automated testing and analysis of two fibers in a single test, eliminating the need to travel to the far end of the connection to perform tests.
- Taptive user interface puts advanced data analysis and easy set-up and operation at the fingertips of technicians of all skill levels.
- Compatible with Linkware Live. Linkware Live enables to easily track job progress, get real-time access to test results to quickly fix problems in the field, and easily transfer and consolidate test results from the tester to LinkWare PC Cable Test Management Software.