ONT-506 JDSU Fiber Optic Equipment
The ONT-506 is an Optical Network Tester from JDSU.
- 40/43 Gb/s optical and electrical interfaces in a single instrument
- SDH STM-256 and SONET OC-768 concatenated and fully structured signals
- OTM0.3 with PRBS or SDH/SONET client
- Unframed 39.813 Gb/s and 43.018 Gb/s BER testing
- Alarm, error, overhead, and pointer generation and analysis
- Jitter/Wander generation and analysis for 40/43 Gb/s
The JDSU ONT-506 enables evaluation and characterization of 40/43 Gb/s electrical/optical devices. The ONT-506 supports unframed BER testing, and framed SDH/SONET/OTN functional testing including jitter/wander generation and analysis.
The modular concept starts with 3 slots for 40 Gb/s optical framed and unframed. Further modules can be added to enable electrical interfaces and jitter/wander applications. In addition, the programmable hardware architecture allows to add a payload module for the combined OTN with SDH/SONET client testing and to assure the future-proof for further applications.