OTS60SX/2 KIT Megger Test Set
- 60kV Light weight Semi Auto Oil Test Kit with Vessel, Mushroom and Electrodes
- Includes Vessel, Mushroom and Cylindrical Electrodes
- Robust oil chamber lid, fully opening for easy access
- Robust and protective control panel lid
- Lightweight portable unit for field use
- Simple, semi-automatic operation
- Suitable for all oil breakdown testing to 60 kV
- Automatic 1 minute timer for easy withstand testing
- 1ms HV switch off time eliminates damage to the oil samples
- Simple to use
- Robust and protective metal lid for easy transport
- Low cost, low weight (17 kg) (37.5 lbs)
- Strong, safe construction
- Suitable for testing to national standards
- Auto 1 minute timer for easy with stand testing
- 0,1 kV measurement resolution
- Large, clear LED display
- Reliable operation controlled by microprocessor
- Powered from a range of mains supplies
- Wide range of optional vessels
- Easy to clean vessel and chamber
- Cylindrical Electrodes
- Spacing Gauge (0,5 mm x 6)
- Accessory Pouch
- User Guide
- Supply lead for battery charger
- AC power lead - US
Oil has been used as an insulating medium in transformers for over one hundred years. From the earliest days of transformer design, oil has been recognised as being an efficient coolant with a high flash point and high electric strength. Oil can be used in electrical equipment for a long time if adequately maintained.
Many factors can lead to a weakening of the insulation properties of oil. Oil degradation takes place due to oxidation, acids, sludge, gas and water absorption. These processes change the electrical properties of the oil which can be seen from a dielectric strength test.
The range of oil test sets available from Megger offers solutions for all oil testing applications. The popular portable OTS60PB, OTS80PB and laboratory OTSAF/3 series are fully automatic oil testers that incorporate a built in printer and enable the user to program custom tests.
The Megger® OTS60SX/2 is a lightweight, semi-automatic, oil dielectric strength test set. The instrument is suitable for field use and can be powered from a range of mains supplies. The maximum 60 kV output allows tests to be performed on oil from a wide variety of electrical installations including transformers, circuit breakers and other equipment. The operation of the test set is extremely simple and the results are displayed on a bright LED display. A selection of vessels allows the instrument to be configured for a variety of test standards.
The microprocessor controlled, semi automatic operation allows the user to select a choice of voltage rise rates as specified in many national standards. The start button will then initiate the test. If oil breakdown occurs the instrument will remove the test voltage and display the breakdown value. Alternatively the user can pause the test voltage at any time to carry out a withstand test. The voltage will be maintained at this level for one minute or until breakdown. After one minute the voltage will automatically continue to rise until breakdown occurs or to the maximum output of the instrument.
A sheet steel enclosure makes the instrument rugged and safe. A strong polycarbonate window covers the high voltage chamber. A mesh screen enables the oil breakdown to be viewed and reduces electro-magnetic emissions. Operator safety is ensured by an interlock on the chamber door. The power cord and other accessories are stored in a pouch which is fitted to the side of the test set. An optional carrying bag with shoulder strap is also available.
The oil vessel is located in the top of the instrument. An external nut varies the electrode gap. The design of the vessels and test chamber makes them easy to clean. The instrument is supplied with a spacing gauge for setting the electrode gap.