P7380SMA Tektronix Differential Probe
The P7380SMA is a Differential Probe from Tektronix. A differential probe is an active probe that has two inputs. A negative and positive input along with a ground lead that drives a 50 Ohm cable to transmit the output ot a digital oscilloscope channel.
- >8 GHz Bandwidth (typical)
- <55 ps 10% to 90% Rise Time (guaranteed)
- <35 ps 20% to 80% Rise Time (typical)
- Dual SMA Inputs to Internal 50 Ω Termination Network
- High Bandwidth Differential Amplifier with Excellent CMRR
- Internal Termination Voltage Generator Controlled by Internal (oscilloscope) External Source or Automatically
- Switchable Gain for Extended Dynamic Range
- Low Differential Input VSWR
- Phase Matched SMA Cables (1 m length) with Cable Loss Compensation
- Excellent Pulse Response for Optimum Eye Pattern Measurements
- Low Pulse Response Aberrations for Optimum Eye Pattern Measurements
- Compatible with 80A03 for Sampling Applications
- Auxiliary (inverted) Output for Use with Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers or as a Clock Recovery Trigger Source
- TekConnect® Interface
-Analog Validation and Compliance Testing of Emerging Serial Data Standards Including:
- PCI Express
- Serial ATA
- 10GbE XAUI
- Communications (Gigabit Ethernet, FibreChannel, InfiniBand)
- Semiconductor Characterization and Validation (PCI Express, Serial ATA, IEEE 1394, USB 2.0, RAMBUS, DDR)
Tektronix’ proven expertise in differential probing brings you our newest high-speed differential signal acquisition system. This acquisition system utilizes our new SiGe probe ASIC developed with today’s most advanced technology. The P7380SMA is designed for measuring differential signals in a 50 Ω signaling environment, providing the ability to convert from a dual-SMA signal path to a single oscilloscope input channel.
Many of the new high-speed serial data standards employ differential signaling on multiple lanes. The P7380SMA provides the ability to measure a high-speed differential signal on each channel of a multiple channel oscilloscope.
The P7380SMA also provides a common mode DC voltage input to the termination network. The termination voltage can be supplied either externally or internally. In addition, there is an automated mode where the termination voltage is supplied automatically to match the common mode voltage of the input signal.
The P7380SMA employs the patented TekConnect® Interface, which preserves signal integrity to 18 GHz and beyond to meet present and future bandwidth needs.