PLR 20-36 Instek DC Power Supply
The PLR 20-36 is a 720 Watt DC Power Supply from Instek. Supplies DC Voltage and Current to test, design, and troubleshoot electric and electronic circuits. Applications include Burn In, QA, ATE, Research, Design, and Education to name a few.
- Output Voltage: 0-20V
- Output Current: 0-36A
- Output Power: 720W
- Low Ripple and Noise (0.5mVrms/10mArms)
- Fast transition recovery time(100us)
- Maximum 2 units in series connections or 3 units in parallel connections
- Sequence function of PC editing (Max: 1000 steps/Min. step period: 50ms)
- Protection: OVP, UVP, OCP, remote sensing (Terminal open)
- External Analog Control Function
- PC Remote Interface (Standard): RS-232; (Optional): GPIB/USB/LAN
- Output off timer function (Range: 1 min to 1000 hours & 59 mins)
- Warranty: 2 Years on Instrument. 1 Year on LCD display
- Standard Accessories: User Manual (CD) x 1, AC Power Cord x 1, Rear Output Terminal Cover x 1, Bolt set x1 (Hexagon head bolt (P-3) x2, Flat washer x2, Hexagon nut x2) Output-grounding cable x 1
The Instek PLR 20-36 is a hybrid circuit design DC Power Supply which incorporates front stage switching and rear stage linear architectures. The unique advantages of this design benefit from the combination of both switching and linear structures. The front stage switching structure can effectively reduce size and weight, and the rear stage linear structure can maintain lower ripple voltage, lower ripple current, and faster transient response.
The PLR 20-36 features many functions, including three sets of user-defined Preset function; programmable automatic Output off timer function; programmable Sequence function; CV, CC priority activation functions (prevent overshoot and inrush current while output is turned on); External voltage and current output control and OVP, OCP and UVP functions. These functions are built-in, therefore users do not have to pay for any extra costs.
The flexible allocation is one of the advantages of the PRL-series. For users require large output power, the PLR-series allows maximum 3 same model units in parallel connection to obtain larger output current, and maximum 2 same model units in series connection to obtain larger output voltage.
The PRL-series takes the consideration of the integration between its rack and other systems. Hence, the heat dissipation design adopts front air inlet and rear air outlet (there is no air outlet on the top, bottom, and on the both sides). The optional dedicated rack mount adapter (GRA-427) is for PLR-Series to be rack mounted. Other equipment can be directly placed on top or under PLR-Series to save rack space.
The PLR-Series is equipped with RS-232 interface and also provides optional GPIB&USB (PLR-GU) and USB&LAN (PLR-LU). The program control of maximum 32 units can be realized by Local Bus no matter which interface is utilized. Additionally, the PLR-ARC interface not only provides external voltage and external resistance control but also meets the requirement of PLC control.
The PLR-series genuinely meets users' requirements of the new generation DC power supplies. The series, completely simplifying and expediting system development processes, is suitable for the R&D, design verification, and manufacturing of the semi-conductor equipment, automobile, component and communications industries.