PM100 Voltech Power Analyzer
The PM100 is a Power Analyzer from Voltech. A power analyzer, or power quality analyzer, can take accurate measurements of direct current DC, alternating current AC, voltages, phase rotations, and power in many different types of electronic equipment. Engineers can test power supplies, industrial machinery, motor drivers, home appliances, and office equipment with used and refurbished power analyzers.
- 0.1% basic accuracy
- DC to 250kHz bandwidth
- 1000Vpk/ 20A RMS direct inputs
- Graphics display of waveforms and harmonic bar-charts
- W, V, A, VA, Var, power factor, cosØ, Vpk, Apk, crest factors and frequency
- Harmonics V, A, (incl. phase) and W to the 50th; total harmonic distortion
- Integrator for W-hr, VA-hr, A-hr, VA-hr, average and target PF
- Easy-to-use menu structure available in different languages
- Accepts and scales for external current and voltage transducers; external shunt inputs for current transducers with voltage output
- Basic Measurements: V, A, W, VA, Var, PF, Apk, Vpk, Acf, Vcf, frequency
- Harmonics: V and A, including phase, plus W – all to the 50th
- Integrator: W-h, VA-h, Var-h, A-h, average PF, timer
- Inrush: Displays peak current during switch-on
- Ballast Mode: For measurements on electronic lighting ballasts, Ballast CT recommended
- Voltage Range: 2Vrms to 1000Vpk (8 ranges)
- Accuracy: ±0.1% reading ±0.1% range ±0.1% per kHz ±10mV
- Overload Withstand: 1400Vpk for 1 sec
- Amps Range: 20mArms to 20Arms (200Apk)
- Accuracy: ±0.1% reading ±0.1% range ±0.2% per kHz ±1mA
- Overload Withstand: 60Arms for 1 sec
- W Accuracy: ±0.2% reading ±0.2% range ±0.3% per kHz ±5mW
- Bandwidth: DC and 5Hz to 250kHz
- Safety and EMC: Designed to IEC61010; complies with CE directive
- Line Power Input: Dual range 90-120V, 195-265V, 48-65Hz
- Interfaces (One fitted at a time): IEEE488; RS232 I/O and parallel printer; Chart recorder and alarms
- Dimensions (w x h x l mm): 219 x 123 x 281
- Suitable for rack mounting; 3U 1/2 width
Interfaces: Optional - one fitted at a time)
- IEEE488 for high-speed control and data capture
- RS232 and parallel printer
The RS232 serial port allows complete command and results handling as IEEE488. The parallel printer port may be connected directly to a standard printer with a parallel interface for printing displayed or selected numeric results.
- Chart recorder and alarm interface
Twelve 0-5V DC outputs track any measurement parameter desired. Two free relay contacts can be programmed to toggle at any selected level for alarm or process control purposes. The twelve chart recorder outputs may also be configured as digital alarms.
Using the proven technology of the world leading Voltech range, the PM100 analyzers allow precision bench-top measurements at the price of a portable meter. By connecting directly to the analyzer’s 20A-rated, internal shunts, the errors of gain and phase found in external current transformers and transducers are eliminated. For measurements above 20A and 1000V, a broad range of transformers, shunts and DC-coupled transducers can be accommodated.
The Voltech PM100 is ideal for general-purpose measurements of watts, power factor, harmonics and volts and amps in the design, development and production of electrical and electronic equipment.