PSL3 Rohde & Schwarz Analyzer
- Maximum reliability due to optimized design and comprehensive tests during production
- Long-term availability of spare parts
- Immunity to electromagnetic interference
- Minimum emission due to excellent EMC values
- Energy-saving design throughout for low temperature stress on the components
- Customized and flexible expansion capability
- Compact design, installable in racks
- Motherboard developed and produced in Germany
- Compact and flexible device concept
- Excellent EMC values
- Software support 100% compatible with standard
- Robust, highly expandable housing
- Wealth of interfaces that meet (virtually) any need
- Five USB ports
- Two independent Ethernet controllers
- Analog VGA connector and digital DVI interface
- GPIB interface
- CPU: Low Voltage Intel® Pentium III, 700 MHz or better
- Memory: L2 Cache, 256 kbyte; SDRAM, 256 Mbyte
- Harddisk: 3.5", 40 GB or better
- CD: up to 700 MB, CD-R read/write 24×/24× or better; CD-RW read/write 24×/10× or better
- DVD: DVD
- Floppy disk: 3 ½ ", 1.44 MB
- PCI: 4 × 32 bit, max 330 mm × 106 mm
- ISA: 2 × 16 bit, max 337 mm × 121 mm
Display (max 1600 × 1200)
- DVI: DVI-D connector
- VGA: 15-pin sub-D connector
- USB: 4 × USB 1.1 with 2 USB controller
- Ethernet: 2 × 10/100 MBit/s, RJ45
- Serial: 2 × RS-232-C (COM), 9-pin sub-D connector
- Parallel: Centronics LPT1 (ECP, EPP), 25-pin sub-D connector
- IEC/IEEE: IEC 60625-2 (IEEE 488.2), compatible with NI TNT, 24-pin Amphenol connector
- BIOS: AWARD
- Operating System (optional): Windows XP embedded (English)
- Measurement software (optional): LabWindows/CVI
- Rated temperature range: +5°C to +45°C, meets EN60068-2-1 or -2
- Storage temperature range: 25°C to +60°C, meets EN60068-2-1 or -2
- Humidity (+40 °C, non-condensing): 80% relative humidity, meets EN 60068-2-3
- Electromagnetic compatibility: meets requirements of EMC Directive 89/336/EEC, applied standard: EN 61326 (Immunity for industrial environment; Emission requirements class B)
- Electrical safety: EN 61010-1
- Mechanical resistance non-operating mode
- Vibration sinusoidal: meets EN 60068-2-6, MIL-T-28800 D class 5, 5 Hz to 150 Hz, max. 2 g at 55 Hz, 55 Hz to 150 Hz, 0.5 g const
- Vibration random: meets EN 60068-2-36, 10 Hz to 300 Hz, acceleration 1.2 g rms
- Shock: meets EN 60068-2-27, MIL-STD-810D, 40 g shock spectrum
- Power supply: Power factor correction meets EN61000-3-2
- Input: 100 V to 240 V (AC) ± 10%, 2.2 A to 0.15 A, 50 Hz to 60 Hz
- Power consumption (base unit): approx. 35 W
- Dimensions (W × H × D): 465 mm × 150 mm × 517 mm (19"; 3 height units)
Reliability, long life and customer-friendly service are of primary importance, particularly in industry. The R&S PSL3 was optimized with these requirements in mind. This is why the R&S PSL3 is used as the standard controller in system solutions from Rohde & Schwarz.
Excellent price/performance ratio
Although industrial controllers tend to be expensive, the R&S PSL3 is favorably priced. Focusing on the main functions made it possible to achieve an excellent price/ performance ratio despite the use of select hardware components. The sophisticated concept offers maximum flexibility. Functionality can be expanded almost limitlessly.
Tried-and-tested quality from Rohde & Schwarz
Rohde & Schwarz is well-known for the high quality of its products and has years of expertise in the field of industrial controllers. Values specified in the data sheet such as mechanical resistance, temperature, safety and EMC characteristics are reliably checked and optimized through complex tests.
Controllers play a major role in complex measurement systems because they must ensure smooth operation. The R&S PSL3 from Rohde & Schwarz is a controller that meets demanding requirements. The R&S®PSL3 is a compact, powerful industrial controller. It has a large number of interfaces for fast and smooth integration in test environments. The R&S PSL3 features excellent EMC characteristics, a wide operating temperature range, a robust design and high reliability.
Motherboard–developed and produced in Germany
The extremely complex motherboard of the R&S PSL3 combines CPU, chip set, graphics, GPIB and standard interfaces such as USB, Ethernet, COM and LPT on one module. The motherboard has been exclusively developed and manufactured in Germany for Rohde & Schwarz. It is used not only in the R&S PSL3, but also in a variety of other Rohde & Schwarz devices. Reliability and long service life of this module are therefore pivotal. Comprehensive tests were introduced in production to keep the failure rate to a minimum.
An energy-saving mobile processor cuts power consumption and thus heat generation in the controller interior, which in turn further increases component service life.
Long-term availability of the components is a must with devices from Rohde & Schwarz, and this also applies to the R&S PSL3. Nevertheless, should a failure occur at any time in the future, replacement modules will still be available.
Device concept – compact and flexible
Despite its small dimensions, the robust housing is extremely expandable. Cards can be inserted in four unused PCI slots and two ISA slots, thus protecting investments in existing systems that are based on the earlier bus system, and were in some cases expensive because they were customized. Clamps ensure the controller is locked firmly in place. The housing has sufficient space to accommodate a second hard disk (option R&S PSL-B7). A CDRW/ DVD disk drive is just as much part of the standard equipment as the 3.5" disk drive.
Wealth of interfaces that leave almost nothing to be desired
- Two USB controllers provide four USB ports, two of which are located at the front which is particularly advantageous in rack-mounting (option R&S ZZA-311)
- Two independent Ethernet controllers permit the flexible integration of the R&S PSL3 in Ethernet networks (LAN). Here, too, one of the two interfaces is available at the controller front.
- Two serial (COM1/COM2) and one parallel (LPT1 (ECP, EPP)) interface permit connections also to conventional test environments.
- In addition to the analog VGA standard connection, the R&S PSL3 also offers a digital DVI interface which allows operation of suitable TFT monitors without conversion losses (at different resolutions). The result is impressive–truly brilliant images.
- Of course, an industrial controller would not be complete without a GPIB interface. It is included in the base unit and compatible with the quasi industrial standard set by National Instruments (AT-GPIB/TNT).
The outstanding EMC values of the R&S PSL3 block out all electromagnetic interference with the test setups. The controller was developed and designed thoroughly in accordance with EMC directives, with the core know-how of Rohde & Schwarz implemented in every aspect.
Interfaces to the exterior are specially filtered, and keyboard (option R&S PSL-Z2) and mouse (option R&S PSL-Z10) have also been very carefully selected and tested in accordance with the latest EMC directives.
Software support–100% standard-compatible
The IBM-compatible hardware architecture ensures smooth operation of the standard operating systems and programs. The R&S PSL3 can be ordered with Windows XP Embedded (option R&S PSLK12), also in combination with LabWindows/CVI (R&S PSL-K13). LabWindows/CVI from National Instruments is an inter-active approach to programming virtual instruments on the R&S PSL3 and is considered a quasi-industrial standard.