PSW 80-40.5 Instek DC Power Supply
The PSW 80-40.5 is a 1080 Watt DC Power Supply from Instek. Supplies DC Voltage and Current to test, design, and troubleshoot electric and electronic circuits. Applications include Burn In, QA, ATE, Research, Design, and Education to name a few.
- PSW 160-21.6 Instek DC Power SupplyCondition: NewCurrent: 21.6 AVoltage: 160 VPower: 1.08 kWSpecial Price $2,221.15 Regular Price $2,475.00
- PSW 30-108 Instek DC Power SupplyCondition: NewCurrent: 108 AVoltage: 30 VPower: 1.08 kWSpecial Price $2,018.78 Regular Price $2,249.50
- PSW 80-13.5 Instek DC Power SupplyCondition: NewCurrent: 13.5 AVoltage: 80 VPower: 360 WSpecial Price $1,268.53 Regular Price $1,413.50
- PSW 80-27 Instek DC Power SupplyCondition: NewCurrent: 27 AVoltage: 80 VPower: 720 WSpecial Price $1,549.87 Regular Price $1,727.00
- Voltage Rating: 0-80V
- Current rating: 0-40.5A
- Power: 1080W
- Constant Power Output for Multiple Range (V&I) Operation
- CV/CC Priority; Particularly Suitable for the Battery and LED Industry
- Adjustable Slew Rate
- Series Operation: Up to 2 units (30V, 80V, 160V models only)
- Parallel Operation: Up to 3 units
- High Efficiency and High Power Density
- Standard Interface: LAN, USB, Analog Control Interface
- GPIB-USB Adapter-Optional
- LabVIEW Driver
- 1 Year Warranty
- CD-ROM User manual and programming manual
- Power Cord
- GTL-240 USB Cable
- 1042-SWLV0301 Output terminal cover for 30V/80V/160V models
- PSW-004 Basic Accessory Kit for 30V/80V/160V models
- GTL-123 Test leads: 1x red, 1x black, for 30V/80V/160V model
The Instek PSW 80-40.5 is a single output multi-range programmable switching DC Power Supply covering a power range up to 1080W. The multi-range feature allows the flexible and efficient configuration of voltage and current within the rated power range. As the Instek PSW 80-40.5 can be connected in series for maximum 2 units or in parallel for maximum 3 units, the capability of connecting multiple PSW units for higher voltage or higher current output provides a broad coverage of applications. With the flexibility of multi-range power utilization and series/parallel connection, it significantly reduces the user’s investment for various power supply products to accommodate the projects with different power requirements.
The CV/CC priority selection of the PSW-Series is a very useful feature for DUT protection. The conventional power supply normally operates under CV mode when the power output is turned on. This could bring a high inrush current to the capacitive load or current-intensive load at the power output-on stage. Taking the I-V curve verification of LED as an example, it becomes a very challenging task to perform this measurement using a conventional power supply. With LED connected to a power supply under CV mode as the initial setting, when the power output is turned on and the voltage rises to the LED forward voltage, the current will suddenly peak up and exceed the preset value of current limit. Upon detecting this high current, the power supply starts the transition from CV mode to CC mode. Though the current becomes stable after the CC mode is activated, the current spike occurred at the CV and CC crossover point may possibly damage the DUT. At the power output-on stage, the PSW-Series is able to run under CC priority to limit the current spike occurred at the threshold voltage and therefore protect DUT from the inrush current damage.
The adjustable slew rate of the PSW-Series allows user to set for either output voltage or output current a specific rise time at the low to high level transition, and a specific fall time at the high to low level transition. This facilitates the characteristic verification of a DUT during voltage or current level changes with controllable slew rates. The manufacturing tests of lighting device or large capacitor during power output-on are mostly associated with the occurrence of high surge current, which can greatly reduce the life time of the DUT. To prevent inrush current from damaging current-intensive devices, a smooth and slow voltage transition during power on-off can significantly reduce the spike current and protect the device from high current damage.
The OVP and OCP are provided with the PSW-Series. Both OVP and OCP levels can be selected, with default level set at 110%, of the rated voltage/current of the power supply. When any of the protection level is tripped, the power output will be switched off to protect the DUT. The PSW-Series provides USB Host/Device and LAN interfaces as standard and GPIB-USB adaptor, RS232-USB as optional. The LabView driver and the Data Logging PC software are supported on all the available interfaces. An analog control/monitoring connector is also available on the rear panel for external control of power On/Off and external monitoring of power output Voltage and Current.