R3131 Advantest Spectrum Analyzer
The R3131 is a 3 GHz Spectrum Analyzer from Advantest. A spectrum analyzer measures the power of spectrums of known and unknown signals. Spectrum analyzers collect information such as the magnitude of an input signal compared to its frequency. As a frequency analyzer, spectrum analyzers’ main use is to document and analyze electrical input signals as well as spectral compositions of other signals.
- Frequency range: 9 kHz to 3 GHz
- Marker counter resolution: 1 Hz to 1 kHz
- Frequency span: zero, 50 kHz to 3 GHz
- Video bandwidth: 10 Hz to 1 MHz, 1-10 step
- Amplitude measurement range: +20 dBm to Average noise level
- Sweep time: 50 ms to 500 s
- Modes: REPEAT, SINGLE
- Calibration signal: 30 MHz, -20 dBm ± 0.3 dB
- Built-in high accuracy OBW, ACP, and Power measurement functions which can be applied to digital radio measurement
- Frequency stabilization
- Improved SPAN accuracy
- Improved level accuracy
- Improved ease of use through Auto TUNE function
- Total level accuracy guaranteed by Auto CAL function
- Standard interfaces: GPIB, RS232C, Centronics, and FD drive
- Large character display allows results to be seen
- Substantial EMC measurement function
- Improved system operation speed
- Operation key arrangement for ease of use
- Compact and light weight with a space-saving design
- High performance realized within an economical platform
The Advantest R3131 Spectrum Analyzer meets the frequency needs of both PCS and cellular wireless standards. The synthesized architecture and specifications such as phase noise lower than -100 dBc/Hz @ 20 kHz offset, ensure measurement accuracy and repeatability across the instrument's entire range.
This level of accuracy, plus one-button automated measurements for adjacent channel power, occupied bandwidth, and average and total power, make the Advantest R3131 well-suited to wireless design and troubleshooting needs.
Supplementing these quantitative measurements, the R3131 also provides automatic pass/fail limit testing, a valued feature for manufacturing applications.