R3182 Advantest Spectrum Analyzer
The R3182 is a 40 GHz Spectrum Analyzer from Advantest. A spectrum analyzer measures the power of spectrums of known and unknown signals. Spectrum analyzers collect information such as the magnitude of an input signal compared to its frequency. As a frequency analyzer, spectrum analyzers’ main use is to document and analyze electrical input signals as well as spectral compositions of other signals.
- Frequency Range: 9 kHz - 40 GHz
- Dynamic Range: +30 dBm - -132 dBm
- Input Impedance: 50 ohms
- Residual FM: <=(60 Hzp-p xN)/100ms
- Resolution Bandwidth: 1 kHz - 3 MHz
- Video Bandwidth: 10 Hz - 3 MHz
- Frequency span accuracy: ±1
- Noise level: -104 dBm/RBW 1 kHz @26.5 GHz
- Refresh rate: 20 traces/second (Typical)
- 50 µs high-speed zero span sweep (Option)
- 1 Hz resolution frequency counter
- EMC measurement functions
- 6 dB RBW: 9 kHz/120 kHz/1 MHz (200 Hz optionally available)
- Built-in QP detector
- Built-in antenna correction factor table
- AM/FM audio demodulation function
- Digital mobile communications measurement functions: OBW, ACP, Spurious, Total/Channel/Average power, Default setup function for power measurement
- Highest-Class Noise Level
- Expansion of Measurement Frequency Band
- Variety of Measurement Functions
The R3182 is a low-cost portable spectrum analyzer capable of performing direct input measurements at a maximum frequency of 40 GHz. Adopting newly designed RF circuitry, the R3182 aim for improved basic performance with their 40 GHz direct input capability.
Further, the R3182 achieves "best-in-class" performance for average display noise levels of -106 dBm (at 40 GHz, RBW 1 kHz), and SSB phase noise levels of -85 dBc/Hz (at 40 GHz, 20 kHz offset).
Operating frequencies for radio communications have increasing tendency to shift to higher frequencies. Accordingly, the R3182 has been developed as personal-use spectrum analyzers capable of use in a wide range of applications from development to manufacturing of high frequency modules, devices, etc.