SMB100A Rohde & Schwarz RF Generator
- Frequency ranges: 9 kHz to 1.1, 2.2, 3.2 & 6 GHz
- RF output level of >+18 dBm from 1 MHz to 6 GHz (+25 dBm over range)
- Fast: < 1 ms frequency and level setting times in "list mode"
- SSB phase noise: typ -128 dBc/Hz (1 GHz/20 kHz offset)
- Accurate: < 0.5 dB total uncertainty up to 3 GHz, (<0.9dB up to 6 GHz)
- No wear: Solid state RF attenuator up to 6 GHz, reverse voltage protection
- Flexible concept allowing for on-site service with no calibration required
- Cal cycle of 3 years
- Compact: < 12 lbs and only 2 rack-units high
- Remote control via GPIB, LAN & USB
- USB connectors for USB devices (keyboard, mouse, memory stick, etc.)
- Connector for NRP power sensors for accurate power measurements
- GPIB bus commands according to SCPI
- R&S®SML GPIB command set compatible
- Operation via remote operation from any web-browser
With the low SSB phase noise of typ. -128 dBc and its worldwide unique output level of >+18 dBm across a wide frequency range (1 MHz to 6 GHz), the SMB100A signal generator is setting standards. The fact that users can perform maintenance on the instrument themselves also increases availability and reduces operating costs. The instrument's low weight (5.3 kg), compact design, and favorable price/performance ratio complement the concept.
As an RF source with a frequency range of 9 kHz to 6 GHz, the R&S SMB100A covers all important frequency bands for RF applications. The conventional analog AM/FM and PhiM modulation modes as well as frequency sweep, level sweep, and LF sweep are also available as standard. In production, the R&S SMB100A excels with high level accuracy and level repeatability. Its short switchover times for frequency and level (remote control: typ. 1.6 ms for frequency and 1.2 ms for level, List mode: typ. <1 ms) help ensure optimized throughput.
Thus, the R&S SMB100A can be used in the production and servicing of broadcasting, EMC, and automotive products as well as for semiconductor development tests and aerospace & defense applications. Here, the pulse modulator (typ. 90 dB on/off ratio), which is available as an option, and the flexible pulse generator with a minimum pulse width of 20 ns are of special benefit. Additional properties that make the instrument ideal for these applications are its robust design and the fact that it can be used at altitudes up to 4600 m and within a temperature range of 0°C to 55°C.
To make servicing as easy and cost-effective as possible, the R&S SMB100A enables users to perform maintenance on their own. When service becomes necessary, an integrated self-test can be used during troubleshooting. Since replacement modules are pre-calibrated, a simple function check is sufficient to ensure the excellent technical data of the signal generator. With the help of the R&S NRP-Z92 power sensor, users can also optimize the level accuracy of the RF signal by means of automatic adjustment.