- AC / DC Measurement Capabilities: DC – 15 MHz, 150 A DC (Requires TCPA300 amplifier)
- Automatic Scaling and Units– Oscilloscope On-Screen Readout of Magnitude and Units Reduces Measurement Errors with No More Hand Calculations
- AC / DC Input Coupling
- Low Insertion Impedance Reduces Device Under Test Loading
- Small Mechanical Package – Less Desktop Space, Easier Storage and Handling
- Split-Core Construction Allows Easy Circuit Connection
- Status indicators provide visual operating status and notification of potential error conditions - degauss, probe open, overload, not terminated into 50 Ω, noncompatible probe type
- Lower DC Drift and Noise Allows Improved Low Level Current Measurements
- Certified for use in U.S., Canada, and Europe. Complies with applicable IEC standards
- Warranty: One year parts and labor
- Amplifiers: 90 V to 264 V, 47 to 440 Hz, 50 W; Maximum CAT II (auto switch)
- Probes: TCP312A, TCP305A, TCP303 probes require a TCPA300 Amplifier; TCP404XL probe requires a TCPA400 Amplifier
Development and analysis solutions for designers, installers, and service personnel in telecom, data comm, computer, and semiconductor power electronics environments for:
- Power Supplies (Switching and Linear)
- Semiconductor Devices (SCRs, IGBTs, MOSFETs, CMOS, BJTs)
- Power Inverters/Converters
- Electronic Ballasts
- Industrial /Consumer Electronics
- Mobile Communications (Phone, Satellite, Relay Stations)
- Motor Drives
- Transportation Systems (Electronic Vehicles, Electric Trains, Locomotives, Avionics)
The Tektronix TCP303 AC/DC Current Measurement family is a highly advanced current measurement system for today's current measurement needs.
The split-core probes incorporate both transformer and Hall effect technology to provide broad bandwidth measurement capabilities from DC up to 100 MHz at current levels as low as 1 milliamp to thousands of amps (when used with CT4 current transformer).
When connected to Tektronix TDS Oscilloscopes with TEKPROBE Level II or TekConnect (w/TCA-BNC) interfaces, current measurements and calculations are simple and easy. Additional measurement power is available with add on software such as the TDSPWR2 power measurements package.
Meets today's AC/DC current measurement applications
The TCPA300 amplifier, when used with TCP312A, TCP305A, or TCP303 probes, provides a wide range of current measurement capability and spans the gap between low-level milliamp measurements to very high current levels. These three probes provide current measurement capabilities of 30 A, 50 A, and 150 A DC continuous. For even higher current levels, the TCPA400 amplifier with the TCP404XL current probe measures 500 A DC continuous and 750 A DC continuous, derated with duty cycle.
Higher-frequency performance is available with the TCP312A w/TCPA300 providing ≥100 MHz bandwidth and a maximum current of 30 A DC.
Measurement errors and manual calculations are now a thing of the past
With this new series of current measurement tools, automatic control and on-screen scaling and units is provided for users of Tektronix TDS3000, TDS500, TDS600, TDS700, TDS5000, TDS6000, and TDS7000B series oscilloscope systems (the DPO3000, MDO/MSO/DPO4000, MSO/DPO5000, and DPO7000 series oscilloscopes, the TPA-BNC adapter is required).
The TCP300/TCP400 current measurement systems seamlessly integrate with your TDS series oscilloscope.
Even non-TEKPROBE systems can use the TCPA300/400 series to make proper current measurements by simply multiplying the measured output voltage on the oscilloscope by the TCPA300/400 series range setting.
- Tektronix TCPA300, TCPA400, TCP300, TCP400 Series Instruction Manaul
- Tektronix TCPA300, TCPA400, TCP300, TCP400 Series User Manual