TDS3054 Tektronix Digital Oscilloscope
The TDS3054 is a 500 MHz, 4 channel digital oscilloscope from Tektronix. Measure voltage or current signals over time in an electronic circuit or component to display amplitude, frequency and rise times, etc. Applications include troubleshooting, production test, and design.
- Bandwidth: 500 MHz
- 4 Channels
- Sample Rate 5 GS/s
- Record Length: 10 kpts
- Full VGA Color LCD
- Built-in Floppy Disk Drive For Easy Storage and Documentation
- 21 Automatic Measurements
- Centronics Port Standard on all Models for Quick, Convenient Hardcopies
- 9-Bit Vertical Resolution
- Multi-language User Interface
- QuickMenu User Interface Mode for Quick, Easy Operation
- Advanced Triggers such as Glitch, Width and Logic Standard on 4 Channel Models
- Telecommunications Mask Testing (TMT)
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) for Frequency and Harmonic Analysis Standard on 4 Channel Models
- Extended Video Application Module
- Support for Active Probes, Differential Probes and Current Probes that Provide Automatic Scaling and Units
- Optional Modules for RS-232, GPIB, LAN or VGA Communication Ports
- Telecommunications Manufacturing (Telecom Mask Test Application Module for Pass/Fail Compliance of ITU-T G.703 and ANSI T1.102 [Up to STS-1 Rates] Standards)
- Digital Design and Debug
- Video Design and Service (Video Application Modules Offer Line Count, HDTV and Custom Video Trigger, Video Display Graticules, SDI to Analog Video Conversion with Composite and Component Outputs, Video Picture Identification and Vectorscope)
- Industrial Electronic Design
- Power Supply Design
- Connected Instrumentation (10Base-T LAN, GPIB and VGA Modules with RS-232)
- Highly Mobile Environments (Optional Battery Pack for Convenient Use in the Field or Away from the Bench)
The TDS 3000 oscilloscopes are the lowest priced, most portable Digital Phosphor Oscilloscopes (DPOs). Now every design engineer and technician can take advantage of the tremendous benefits of DPOs. DPOs deliver a new level of insight that makes dealing with complex signals simple. DPOs display, store, and analyze, in real-time three dimensions of signal information: amplitude, time, and distribution of amplitude over time.
Benefits of DPO
DPOs have an intensity graded color display that provides information about the frequency of occurrence of signal amplitudes and widths. This helps the user locate and characterize waveform anomalies that can be elusive on traditional Digital Storage Oscilloscopes. The fast update rate of DPOs also makes it easier to capture and display infrequent waveforms or waveform variations.
Quick to Learn and Quick to Use
The TDS 3000 Series graphical user interface offers a new operating mode called QuickMenu. This quick access user interface makes the main oscilloscope controls accessible with a push of a single button.
Flexible Features for Every Application
The portable form factor allows the instrument to go wherever it is needed. The Communication and Application Modules enable the instrument to be configured for specific applications or upgraded without returning it to the manufacturer. The TekProbe® Level II interface provides power to a range of application specific accessories.
With the application module concept, the TDS 3000 Series can be easily adapted to the needs of the user. These modules are easily installed by the user. At power on the scope indicates which modules are installed. Currently, there are five application modules available for the TDS 3000 Series – a telecommunications mask test module, an FFT module, an advanced trigger module, a 601 digital video module and an extended video module. In addition, there are three communication modules available – a 10Base-T LAN/RS-232 module, a GPIB/RS-232 module and a VGA/RS-232 module. Centronics port is standard.