TF960 Thurlby Thandar Instruments Frequency Counter
- 6 GHz bench/portable universal counter with USB
- 0.001Hz to > 6000MHz frequency range
- Frequency, period, pulse width, duty cycle, frequency ratio and event counting modes
- High performance temperature compensated timebase
- Reciprocal measurement technique gives superior resolution
- High input sensitivity over the full frequency range
- High impedance DC coupled input up to 125MHz
- Variable trigger threshold and switchable attenuator
- Large 10 digit LCD display with annunciators
- Operation from built-in rechargeable batteries
- Low power consumption gives up to 24 hours operation
- Remote control and readback via USB interface
High measurement accuracy
The TF930 and TF960 use a high quality temperature compensated internal frequency reference (TCXO) which has a low aging rate and is stable to within ±1ppm over the full temperature range.
Its short warm-up time allows accurate measurements to be made even under portable battery powered conditions.
An External Reference input is provided and changeover from the internal timebase is automatic when an external reference standard is connected.
For frequency, period and frequency ratio functions the instrument uses a reciprocal counting technique to provide high resolution at all frequencies.
Eight significant digits of answer are produced in a 1 second measurement time, nine digits in 10s and ten digits in 100s with a granularity of less than 2 counts in the least significant digit.