TGA12104 Thurlby Thandar Instruments Arbitrary Waveform Generator
- 1, 2 or 4 waveform channels, independent or linked.
- 40MS/s or 100MS/s 12-bit arbitrary waveform capability using true variable clock architecture.
- 64K or 1M point waveform memory per channel.
- 16MHz or 40MHz function generators using DDS*.
- Multiple ‘standard’ waveforms including sine, square, triangle, haversine, ramp, pulse and sin(x)/x.
- Pulse train pattern generation for up to 10 pulses.
- Complex waveform sequencing and looping capability using up to 1024 waveform segments.
- Wide range sweep, AM, tone switching, signal summing. * DDS = direct digital synthesis
- Inter-channel triggering, summing and phase control.
- Multiple generators can be easily phase locked.
- External ARB clock input (TGA1210x units only).
- Waveform creation/editing tools built-in; sophisticated external Windows based software included.
- Built-in trigger generator, gated and triggered burst modes.
- Tone switching facilitates precision DTMF generation.
- Unlimited waveform storage using CF memory cards (TGA1210x units only).
- GPIB (IEEE-488.2), RS-232 and USB interfaces (TGA124x units have GPIB and RS-232 only)
- Waveform Memory: 1M points/ch
- Waveform Length: 8 to 1,048,576 points
- Vertical Resolution: 12 bits (4096 levels)
- Sample Clock Rate: 0.1Hz to 100MHz
- Clock Resolution: 8 digits
- Clock Accuracy: <10 ppm for 1 year (± 1 digit of setting)
- Clock Temp. Stability: Typically <1 ppm/oC
- Waveform Storage: CF Memory Cards (32MB to 1GB size)
- Max. Waveforms: 500 per card
The TGA12104 is a 50 MHz arbitrary waveform generator. All TGA1200 series units generate arbitrary waveforms using a variable clock architecture rather than DDS. This ensures that every point in the waveform is replayed exactly as it was defined, the rate of replay being set by the clock frequency.