URE2 Rohde & Schwarz Voltmeter
- True RMS weighting for AC and AC + DC
- More than 30 measurements/s
- 41/2-digit display and analog display with selectable scale
- Very high measurement accuracy
- Highpass and lowpass filters
- Relative measurement, maxima/ minima
- Convenient menu-guided operation
- Use of commercial probes, taking into account their division factor in the displayed result
- IEC bus (IEEE488)
- Level measurements in audio range
- Interference measurements on switch-mode power supplies
- Measurement of extremely fast dialing signals and detection of simultaneously transmitted supply voltages in radiotelephony
- Automatic quality control of audio and video tapes
- High-frequency measurements in digital magnetic storage and optical data storage
- Peak weighting in video measurements (sync signals)
- Secondary calibration standard
Distortion-free measurement of signals is ensured by:
- high input impedance
- low input capacitance
- highpass and lowpass filters that can be switched in to suppress hum or high-frequency noise voltages
The Rohde & Schwarz URE2 is a broadband RMS voltmeter featuring extremely high accuracy and speed. A patented rectifier circuit allows measurement of signals with a crest factor of up to 7 and frequencies of up to 25 MHz.
A patented rectifier circuit with microprocessor-controlled auto calibration makes for the outstanding measurement characteristics of Rohde And Schwarz URE2 and URE3. In order to further enhance the accuracy, correction factors are determined for each instrument and measurement range and stored in a nonvolatile memory.
A zero function allows noise voltages and the inherent noise to be compensated for, the measurement accuracy being thus increased in particular at low levels. The measured frequency value is used by URE3 for an internal frequency response correction. This method increases the accuracy mainly at the higher frequencies.