ValueTronics International has an immediate opening for an Electronics Repair Technician. The primary function of this position includes testing and repair of complex measuring and test equipment.
- Performance verification, calibration of complex measuring and test equipment utilizing documented procedures.
- Troubleshooting and repair of complex measuring and test equipment to component level. Experience with Analog, Digital, Microprocessor, thru-hole and surface mount-based test equipment ranging from DC to 50Ghz. Including: Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, Analog and Digital Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, and Power Supplies.
- Perform high level soldering to include SMT.
- Provide technical support to customers and sales staff as needed.
- Update company database of common problems and repair techniques.
- Keep daily records of work performed.
- Proficiency with complex test equipment and the standards required in routine laboratory operations.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical theory including analog and digital circuits.
- Proven component level troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn new equipment without direct supervision.
- Proven understanding of the logical troubleshooting process
- Strong math skills.
- High-level soldering capability with both thru-hole and SMT components.
- Basic computer skills with programming experience a plus.
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
- A self-starter who demonstrates a can-do attitude, takes pride in his/her work, and possesses a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
This position requires a minimum of an associate’s degree in electronics technology or direct military training equivalent. PMEL training a big plus with a minimum of 5+ years performing complex repairs.
Valuetronics International, Inc. is hiring an electronic test and measurement equipment Calibration Technician. ValueTronics International, Inc. is a leading provider of reconditioned and new electronic test instrumentation to the commercial marketplace. Products include oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power supplies and telecommunication analyzers from manufacturers such as Keysight/Agilent, Tektronix, Fluke, Rohde & Schwarz and others. Customers include defense, government, telecommunications and electronic product manufacturers.
- Operational verification and calibration of electronic test equipment to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Assisting management in developing new systems and procedures as required.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to operate effectively on own
- Job may require effort beyond the normal 40 hour week
- Ability to operate as part of a team and support other members of group
- Willingness to participate in advanced educational opportunities, if required.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Military PMEL qualification a definite plus.
- 3+ years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of electronic test equipment.
- Formal soldering training a big plus