10S1G4A Amplifier Research RF Amplifier
The 10S1G4A is a 0.8 to 4.2 GHz 10 Watt RF Amplifier from Amplifier Research. Amplify RF and Microwave signals to measure, test, and design circuits. Applications include radio communications, cellphones, EMI testing, and much more.
- Power Output @ 3dB Compression: Nominal: 18 watts; Minimum: 13 watts
- Power Output @ 1dB Compression: Nominal: 16 watts; Minimum: 10 watts
- Flatness: ±1.5 dB typical; ±2.0 dB maximum
- Frequency Response: 0.8-4.2GHz instantaneously
- Input for Rated Output: 1.0 milliwatt maximum
- Gain (at maximum setting): 40 dB minimum
- Gain Adjustment (Continuous Range): 10 dB minimum (4096 steps remote)
- Input Impedance: 50 ohms, VSWR 2.0:1 maximum
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms, nominal
The Amplifier Research 10S1G4A is a solid state, self-contained, air-cooled, broadband amplifier designed for applications where instantaneous bandwidth and high gain are required. Housed in a stylish contemporary cabinet, the unit is designed for benchtop use, but can be removed from the cabinet for immediate equipment rack mounting. The Amplifier Research 10S1G4A, when used with a sweep generator, will provide a minimum of 10 watts of RF power. Included is a front panel gain control which permits the operator to conveniently set the desired output level. The 10S1G4A is protected from RF input overdrive by an RF input leveling circuit which controls the RF input level to the RF amplifier first stage when the RF input level is increased above 0 dBm. The RF amplifier stages are protected from over temperature by removing the DC voltage to them if an over temperature condition occurs due to cooling blockage or fan failure. There is a digital display on the front panel to indicate the operate status and fault conditions when an overtemperature or power supply fault has occurred. The unit can be returned to operate when the condition has been cleared. The 10S1G4A includes digital control for both local and remote control of the amplifier. This 8-bit RISC microprocessor controlled board provides both IEEE488 (GPIB) and asynchronous, full duplex RS-232 control of all amplifier functions.