1255B Solartron Analyzer
- Measures gain, phase and group delay
- Unbeatable accuracy - 0.2%, 0.02dB, 0.2º
- Deep dynamic range - 130 dB with autoranging
- Wide frequency range - 10μHz to 1MHz
- Ultrafine frequency resolution up to 1 in 65 million
- Automatic sweeps of frequency, amplitude or dc bias
- Automatic rejection of noise and harmonics
- Blind front panel software control only
The 1255B Frequency Response Analyzer is one of a range of instruments that will meet your needs today and in the future.
Using the single sine technique the 1255B provides precise measurement of gain and phase between any two points in a system. This fully digital technique is used to assess the performance of both simple and complex systems - mechanical, electronic and electrochemical.
For over 30 years Solartron Analytical have produced frequency response analyzers, instruments which are regarded throughout the world as industry standards. This unsurpassed knowledge and experience has been used to produce the 1255B, with its outstanding 1MHz frequency range and 1 in 65 million frequency resolution.
The 1255B Frequency Response Analyzer applies the power and sophistication of modern measurement technology; simple in concept, fast and precise in performance, and so easy to use, even by non-technical personnel.
Measurement of impedance has become an important tool in the study of electrochemical/biological phenomena and material properties.
The 1255B together with a potentiostat such as 1287, can be used in a wide range of applications, including:
- Corrosion and corrosion protection
- Properties of organic and inorganic coatings and films
- Development of solid electrolytes for oxygen sensors
- Development of novel anode/cathode materials and electrolytes
- Studies of animal and plant tissue properties
- Photoelectric effects
When combined with a 1296 Dielectric Interface and temperature test equipment the 1255B can be used to test a wide range of materials, such as:
- Supercapacitor/fuelcell electrochemistry
- Relaxation processes in the molecular dynamics of liquid crystals, polymers and liquids
- Charge transport in semiconductors, organic crystals, ceramics etc.
- Analysis of chemical reactions, polymerization and curing processes
- Novel gas and liquid sensors
- Characterization of insulating and semiconductor materials
- Quality control in the production of insulators, printed circuit boards, etc.
1255B is ideally suited to a wide variety of applications in the field of electronics - from fundamental aspects, such as the characterization of the electrical and mechanical properties of materials, to the development and testing of components and complete circuits.
Generally these applications require the measurement of transfer functions and group delay over a wide frequency range. In the case of filters, a wide dynamic range coupled with high frequency resolution are also needed to enable the attenuation characteristics to be full defined.