2510 Boonton Calibrator
The 2510 is a calibrator from Boonton. Electronic calibrations are necessary for maintaining your equipment for general monitoring and testing purposes. Calibrators enable you to solve problems with your equipment on your own, on site.
- Output Levels: 9, 90, 900 µV, 9, 90, 900 mV, 1.8 V, 4.5 V. Voltages are differential, end to end, center tapped to ground, with no load
- Output Impedance: Selectable as "Low" (900 to 1800 ohms, range dependent), 300K, and 500K ohms ±1%
- Output Level Accuracy: ± 0.15%. Add 2% for 0 to 18°C and 28 to 55°C.
- Aging: 120 ppm (0.012%) per year
- Settling Time: 100 mS to settling within spec
- Display: 40 x 2 LCD, backlit with an EL panel, shows range (1 through 6B), output enabled condition, impedance setting, and bus address
- Bus: GPIB standard
- Input Power: 100, 120, 220, 240 VAC, ±10%, 50 to 400 Hz, <24 VA
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 70°C, standard: -40 to 90°C with extended temperature display option
The Boonton 2510 is a DC source with eight levels and three impedances that simulate Boonton sensors. The 2510 is used to calibrate all Boonton RF Power Meters and RF Voltmeters such as the 4200, 4300, 4210, 42B, 42BD, 42C, 42CD, 9200, 9200B, 92BD, and 92EA. These meters, although RF meters, require DC calibration of the box (main instrument) independently of the sensor so that all boxes are identical at the sensor output port, which is DC. This means that all boxes are interchangeable, without the requirement for AC calibration when swapped.
The output of the 2510 is differential with a special Boonton connector that matches the Boonton power meter and voltmeter cable system. A special double shielded differential cable is used for inter-connections.
The 2510 is GPIB bus programmable with all functions available on the bus except the power switch.
The 2510 is suitable for performance verification of Boonton meters, and for troubleshooting, by isolating the problem to the sensor or the main instrument.