25S1G4A Amplifier Research RF Amplifier
The 25S1G4A is a 4.2 GHz, 25 W RF amplifier from Amplifier Research.
- Rated Power Output: 25 watts minimum
- Input for Rated Output: 1.0 milliwatt maximum
- Power Output @ 3 dB Compression: Nominal 32 Watts, Minimum 25 watts
- Power Output @ 1 dB Compression: Nominal 27 watts, Minimum 20 watts
- Flatness: ±1.5 dB typical/±2.0 dB maximum
- Frequency Response: 0.8 to 4.2 GHz, Instantaneously
- Gain (at maximum setting): 44 dB minimum
- Gain Adjustment Continuous Range: 10 dB minimum (4096 steps remote)
- Input Impedance: 50 ohms; VSWR 2.0:1 maximum
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms, nominal
- Mismatch Tolerance: 100% of rated Power without foldback. Will operate without damage or oscillation with any magnitude and phase of source and load impedance.
- Modulation Capability: Will faithfully reproduce AM, FM, or pulse Modulation appearing on the input signal
- Harmonic Distortion: Minus 20 dbc, max at 20 watts
- Spurious: Minus 73 dbc Typical
- Phase Linearity: ±1.0 deg/100 MHz, Typical
- AC Line Power (Selected Automatically): 90-132, 180-264 VAC; 50/60 Hz, Single Phase, 340W Maximum
- Connectors: Type N female
- Remote Interface: IEEE-488, RS-232
- Safety Interlock: 15 pin Subminiature D
- Cooling: Forced Air (self contained fans)
The Model 25S1G4A is a solid state, self-contained, air-cooled, broadband amplifier designed for applications where instantaneous bandwidth, high gain and linearity are required. Housed in a stylish contemporary cabinet, the unit is designed for benchtop use, but can be removed from the cabinet for immediate equipment rack mounting.
The 25S1G4A, when used with a sweep generator, will provide a minimum of 25 watts of RF power. Included is a front panel gain control which permits the operator to conveniently set the desired output level. The 25S1G4A is protected from RF input overdrive by an RF input leveling circuit which controls the RF input level to the RF amplifier first stage when the RF input level is increased above 0 dBm. The RF amplifier stages are protected from over-temperature by removing the DC voltage to them if an over-temperature condition occurs due to cooling blockage or fan failure. There is a digital display on the front panel to indicate the operate status and fault conditions if an overtemperature or power supply fault has occurred. The unit can be returned to operate when the condition has been cleared. The 25S1G4A digital panel provides control of all amplifier functions both locally and remotely via IEEE-488 (GPIB) or RS-232 interfaces.