590 Keithley Analyzer
- 0.1fF sensitivity to test small devices.
- Ranges up to 20nF (at 100 kHz, using 5904 adapter) to test large, leaky, or forward biased devices.
- Test signal voltage of 15mV RMS.
- Choice of 1 MHz frequency for compliance with existing test standards or 100 kHz for improved resolution, range, and accuracy.
- Selectable measurement rate (1 to 1000 readings per second) and filter to optimize speed/resolution trade-offs.
- Sophisticated correction for transmission line errors due to device connections.
- Built-in test setup and correction value storage, analysis, and plotter control to minimize computer programming
The Keithley 590 C-V Analyzer measures capacitance versus voltage (C-V) and capacitance versus time (C-t) characteristics of semiconductor devices. Unlike other capacitance measurement instruments, the 590 has been tailored to the requirements of semiconductor device testing.
High frequency (100 kHz or 1 MHz) C-V measurements are commonly applied to test p-n or schottky junction and tal-Insulator-Semiconductor (MIS) devices for device characterization and process control. C-V results are highly correlated with performance parameters of functional devices such as FETs, memory cells, CCDs, and isolation structures.