60S1G3 Amplifier Research RF Amplifier
The 60S1G3 is a 3 GHz 60 Watt RF Amplifier from Amplifier Research. Amplify RF and Microwave signals to measure, test, and design circuits. Applications include radio communications, cellphones, EMI testing, and much more.
- Rated Power Output: 60 Watts minimum
- Input for Rated Output: 1.0 mW maximum
- Power Output @ 3dB Compression: Nominal: 70W, Minimum: 60W
- Power Output @ 1dB Compression: Nominal: 60W, Minimum: 50W
- Flatness: ±1.5 dB typical; ±.0 dB maximum
- Frequency response: 0.8-3.0 GHz; instantaneously
- Gain (at maximum setting): 48 dB minimum
- Gain adjustment: 10 dB minimum (Continuous Range, 4096 steps remote)
- Input Impedance: 50 Ohms; VSWR 2.0:1 Maximum
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms, nominal
- Mismatch Tolerance: 100% of rated power without foldback. Will operate without damage or oscillation with any magnitude and phase of source and load impedance.
- Modulation Capability: Reproduces AM, FM, or pulse Modulation appearing on the input signal
- Harmonic Distortion: -20 dbc; max at 50W
- Spurious: -73 dbc, Typical
- Phase Linearity: ± 1.0 °/100 MHz, Typical
- Primary Power: 90-132, 180-264 VAC, 50/60 Hz, Single Phase, 600W Maximum
- Connectors: RF is Type N female, Input and Output
- Remote Interfaces: IEEE-488 is 24 pin; RS-232 is 9 pin Subminiature D
- Safety Interlock: 15 pin Subminiature D
- Cooling: Forced air (self-contained fans)
The Amplifier Research Model 60S1G3 is a solid state, self-contained, air-cooled, broadband amplifier designed for applications where instantaneous bandwidth, high gain and linearity are required. Housed in a stylish contemporary cabinet, the unit is designed for benchtop use, but can be removed from the cabinet for immediate equipment rack mounting.
The 60S1G3, when used with a sweep generator, will provide a minimum of 60 watts of RF power. Included is a front panel gain control which permits the operator to conveniently set the desired output level. The 60S1G3 is protected from RF input overdrive by an RF input leveling circuit which controls the RF input level to the RF amplifier first stage when the RF input level is increased above 0 dBm. The RF amplifier stages are protected from over-temperature by removing the DC voltage to them if an over-temperature condition occurs due to cooling blockage or fan failure. There is a digital display on the front panel to indicate the operate status and fault conditions if an over-temperature or power supply fault has occurred. The unit can be returned to operate when the condition has been cleared. The 60S1G3 digital panel provides control of all amplifier functions both locally and remotely via IEEE-488 (GPIB) or RS-232 interfaces.
The low level of spurious signals and linearity of the Model 60S1G3 make it ideal for use as a driver amplifier in testing wireless and communication components and subsystems. It can be used as a test instrument covering multiple frequency bands and is suitable for a variety of communication technologies such as CDMA, W-CDMA, TDMA, GSM etc. It is also suitable for EMC Test applications where undistorted modulation envelopes are desired.